How can I tell how fast?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can I tell how fast?

How do find out how fast my PC is running after I make tweaks. I want to be able to compare the before and after. Is there a program that can clock my system or can I do that somewhere in the OS. I am running Windows XP if that helps.

Thanks!

Well theres a huge choice but the best in my opinion is pcmark 2002 and 3d mark 2001 from www.futuremark.com
    Those two programs are all you need

Comment

Is there a free program that basically just tells you at what Mhz your system in running at?

Comment

the programs i suggested are free but if you just want to know what speeds ure computers running at run the free online tests at www.pcpitstop.com :cheers:

Comment

Originally posted by ShaneSelby
          Is there a free program that basically just tells you at what Mhz your system in running at?
          The program that you'll want to look for is called WCPUID. It is freeware and is used by most hardcore overclockers to see how fast their systems are running. You can find their homepage here.
          Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
          My Toys

Comment

Sisoft Sandra is a good one too - for looking at specific subsystems - I find it particularly helpful to check memory performance w/ different combinations of CAS setting & operating speeds

Comment

Working...
            X