Windows XP SP1 vs SP1a

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows XP SP1 vs SP1a

For those of you that have seen the TweakTown front page story, here's the difference between Windows XP SP1 and SP1a, direct from this Microsoft Article

To determine if you are running Windows XP SP1, right-click My Computer, and then click Properties. If "Service Pack 1" appears under System, you are already running Windows XP SP1. There is no benefit to installing SP1a if you are already running Windows XP SP1. Microsoft does not recommend that you install SP1a if you are already running SP1.

Windows XP SP1a is the same as Windows XP SP1 except that the Microsoft virtual machine (VM) is removed in SP1a.
    Quite obviously don't bother with SP1a if you have SP1.
    My Machine

i got u! that helps me. early days i wsa thinnking about was it required to install sp1a, even sp1a is better than sp1.

appreciated!

Comment

so how many SP's are we going to see before SP2...SP1a, SP1b, SP1c, SP1d...SP1z...:p
      :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
      Latest Microsoft Security Updates.
      Last Updated:
      10th MARCH

If you are a security freak: Use Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer (NT/2000/XP/2003)
      ======================
      jabber : [email protected]
      =======================
      Linux user since: April 24, 2003 312478
      yabaa dabaa doo...
      Customized for 1024x768

Comment

As many as necessary for Microsoft to take over the world....muhahahah!! :flames:

Heheh, actually there will be an SP2 for sure, probably an SP3. The SP1"a" is because of court orders forcing MS to remove their Virtual Machine. So as long as there aren't any court decisions finalised between SP releases, we should just see the regular cycle of SP's, like Win2000 had.
        My Machine

Comment

It could be stupid of me to ask but can M$ release any such update that might destroy their working VM's on machines around the world.
          I love this VM and wdn't want to lose it...:(
          I have had my share of problems with JRE (Damn that slow Environment )...
          Last Updated:
          10th MARCH

If you are a security freak: Use Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer (NT/2000/XP/2003)
          ======================
          =======================
          yabaa dabaa doo...
          Customized for 1024x768

Comment

well some of u seem really smart and obviously a lot more aware of xp. when i try to load my new key i bring up the change cd key menu but its not there its a pratically blank blue screen with 4 white squares with red x's through them. just like if u went to a web site and the pics ddint come up , i cant click on anything on that page except to close or minimize the page. has anyone ever had this happen to them ? and any suggestions ?
            ty

Comment

Congrats MeatWad...You just made this thread vulnerable to closing.
              The first mod who looks at this thread will close it down. Its not allowed to discuss all this stuff at TT, but anyways, just to help you...search the forum. Lots of people have had a similar or almost similar problem like yours...you will find an answer for sure.
              : peace2:
              Last Updated:
              10th MARCH

======================
              =======================
              yabaa dabaa doo...
              Customized for 1024x768

Comment

my bad im a retard didnt read the forum rules just frustrated but i do have a legit copy of windows xp i just dont have the cd anymore i lost it when i moved, sry if i have been an inconveience in anyway feel free to erase my post if it will get u in any sort of trouble.

Comment

Working...
                X