Where Do I Start - O/Clocking P4 2.26

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where Do I Start - O/Clocking P4 2.26

New to this stuff...quick on the upload though...where do i start to O/C my P4 2.26

I've got a Dell p4 2.26.....768 Mb DDR PC2100.....64 Mb GeForce4 MX440 (using NVidia Quick Tweak to O/C)

Any helpful advice would be appreciated....

Check out the tweak town overclocking guide but be warned many big manufacturers have modded the bios to stop overclocking.:devil: If they havent start by increasing the front side bus speed and the core voltage by 0.1v. Be warned do this at ure own risk(your computer seems fine if you want the best boost get a better graphics card):cheers:

Comment

Bein' a Dell (or most any other name brand) the BIOS has been newted and only something like SoftFSB might work (but only might) as usually major open heart surgery is required to get a name brand PC to overclock (this is to cut warranty calls/claims to an absolute minimum). :(

It's usually better to leave it alone and plan on buildin' something that will do what ya want. : peace2:
      <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

I can't see why you would want to overclock that it seems to be fast enough. Not even the most demanding game need more than about 1.2 ghz. If gameings ure thing upgrade that graphics card. Ti 4200 or 9500 if ure on a budget:cheers:

Comment

Thanks for the insight...

I know my system is smokin fast but I have the need for speed if ya know what i mean.....

I've been on a spending spree the last couple of weeks & added a Sony 40X/16X DVD Rom, a second Maxtor 40 Gb HD 7200 ATA/133 (that gives me 80 Gb) & Altec Lansing 251 6.1 Speaker system.....

I guess the next thing will be a new Vid Card......

Comment

That would be the best option for ya but do check with Dell first for what video cards they support as these will cause less hassles with compatibility problems and is far cheaper than replacin' mobo, memory, PSU and possiblally the case as well. ;)
            <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

Mhouse why did you name yourself that?

I only ask because my emial address is [email protected].

Comment

Hey 0R1()N,

I used that name because it's my name lol..... Mike House &

my email is [email protected].:laugh:

Comment

hmmm my last name is house too oh well just thought I'd ask

Comment

Hey Wiggo how did you o'clock your 2100+? I can't seem to get

it to o'clock. I have asus A7N8X deluxe it has a phenoix bios.

What your CPU V core voltage and CPU frequency set at? Can

you give more detail. :?:

Comment

Working...
                    X