ASUS A7N8X-Deluxe System POST Report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASUS A7N8X-Deluxe System POST Report

Just bought this board, enabled the System POST Report in Bios but it still doesn't work.
    Anyone with this board got it working?
    Any jumper problem maybe? I followed the manual but it doesn't work... :( :confused:

it's just an auidible report of your post, I don't need my comp to speak to me every time I boot, so I turned it off. You have to have speakers plugged in and turned on to hear it.

in BIOS:
    Speech POST Reporter {Enabled}
    POST Complete Report {Enabled}

turn on speakers, boot pc

Comment

Thanks for the answer man, if I have to turn onboard audio on and speakers plugged in to that than it doesn't worth it...
      Thanks anyway

Comment

you don't have to have the onbaord sound turned on, any sound card will work

Comment

No? In that case I'm back to my inicial problem, It doesn't work if I connect the speakers to my sound card, only works when I turn on the onboard sound and connect the speakers to it... :confused:

Comment

are you sure you disabled the onboard sound?

btw, the onboard sound is pretty good. what card are you tring to use?

Comment

Tried it with onboard sound on and off, nothing...
              I have a Creative Live Player 5.1

Comment

Why are ya usin' a SBL in it for as the onboard sound is just as good? :confused:
                <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

if not better

Comment

The onboard is 5.1?

Comment

It most certainly is and of a quality that rivals the SBL. ;)

Comment

I presume you have tried flashin CMOS?

Nip over to Asusboards.com. There are pages and pages of info on this board. I'm sure someone else will have had this problem there and will have found a "fix".

I hope you have a better time with the A7N8X than I had. She killed 4 x AMD Athlon XP 2600 (expensive)!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am currently at battle with Asus themselves. I think they recognize they have a problem, but is hopefully for everyone elses sake, only isolated to mine.

All the best anyway and hope you find a fix. Check out my old threads there. I go under name "Another User" if you wanna see my full story - hehe

Comment

Is the asn8x that bad? cause I was thinking about getting it.

Comment

the A7N8X is a great board usually, I'm very happy with mine

Comment

Working...
                            X