Asus A7N8X User pls help.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asus A7N8X User pls help.

I just bought the Asus Nforce2 A7N8X and an Athlon XP 1800+ thorough-bred A. The problem is that the mobo detect my processor at only 1150 MHz!! And when i try to fresh install windows XP, a blue screen with warning saying "acpi.sys" is missing or something like that. Whats wrong??

p/s: My A7N8X is the non deluxe edition.

It should be Bios setting messing it up. I had exact same problem with computer I built a while back.
    Though im not familiar with your Mobo's Bios.
    So you should proly check your manual that came with the Mobo.
    One of the settings in Bio's of one I built allowed you to adjust CPU multiplier to overclock or underclock the CPU. Yours proly has something similar, you just need to find the multiplier and set it correctly to get your CPU running at stock.

If that doesnt do the trick, check to see if your jumpers are set correctly. And the FBS an voltage is set correctly inside Bio's.
    "Correctly" being what the manual tells you and you keep trying different multipliers,ect. till it hits the right Mhz.)

Athlon XP 1800+ (1.53GHz)

Comment

thanx for the help man! now my pc is running at 1530 mhz. But i still have trouble installing win xp. Everytime i try to fresh install, this blue screen with error msg saying acpi.sys is missing. is it because of the cd??:?:

p/s: im using the latest bios from asus website, REV 1002 if not mistaken.

Comment

I too had problems installing XP, ).
        I cant give you an exact way to fix it, but I can help ya by telling you what NOT to do, hehe.
        If you tried formating the Hard drive, which your promited to do when you 1st install windows, you should of started up the system with a Boot hard disk made from Xp, INSTEAD of the CD only, which of course you cant do unless you already have Xp on another comp. So format in DOS with Boot disk ONLY. Then install windows from the CD.
        Since it had the error, DO NOT and I repeat DO NOT reinstall XP until you uninstall/reformatted with a boot hard disk.
        If XP has be installed, even partially, and you try to install it again on top of what did install earlier, then theres a chance you will lose the hard drive an the allocation tables will get wiped out. Meaning you either gotta find a "quote-unquote" expert to try an rebuild the allocation tables or most likely the cheaper route, buy a new hard drive. For that is exactly what I had to do. (
        Windows and XP Windows especially doesnt like partial/multilpe instances of it self on the same hard drive, it causes major problems.
        Seeing that you have tried reinstalling an the hard drive isnt dead yet, count your blessings an reformat it from DOS with a Xp boot disk. If it does eventually install an start running without reformatting with a boot hard disk you will slowly see your system degrade( sudden crashes,taking several retry's to get to start up,took mine like a week) until the hard drive is dead an allocation tables an everything on the hard drive is lost, including the hard drive itself.

Comment

Working...
        X