Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New system for me

Alright then, tis that time again folks, time to name the best componetns:D

I have here a list of items I am thinking about getting,but just aren't sure about the components. They are all from www.googlegear.com

First will be the case which looks like this Its an Antec Performance II Series SX1040bII Soho file server that fits an atx amd mobo and the Mother Board that I will be getting is An asus A7N8X nforce2 Athlon(XP)/Duron sktaA DDR AtX w/audio

I don't know which ram would be the best for the board and an amd xp 2200

The grahics card Is A Msig4ti4200-td8x64 Geforce 4 ti4200 8x agp card with tv-out and dvi

Any sugestions?:?: :thumb:

I want to use this sytem for playing games offline and online and a p4 or amd system will do. I don't wan the whole shabang just the case mobo graphics card cooling ram and hd.

900-1000$ is my price range

errrrr.....why nobody replying? What? have I been shuned? :cry:

Comment

Why are you asking us for suggestions, when it appears to me that you have already made up
      your mind on which components you want in your system.

I'd strongly recommend Corsair's 512mb PC3200 TwinX Dual DDR memory modules (2 x 256mb).

Comment

:mad: I'm only asking becasue I wanted to know if there is anything I need to change or if there is somethng better that I can get. If I was really sure about what i wanted I woulde'nt have posted here

:cheers:

Comment

Like I said "appears to me", anyway I'd consider Abit's NF7-S (rev 1.2) N-Force2 motherboard.

Comment

Stay with your choise of mobo, i know many that love the
            Asus nforce2.. And that suggested Corsair would be great!

:thumb:

Comment

Get the Corsair XMS3500 twin pak as that chipset will stretch the 3200 quickly. :devil win
              <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

The image orion attached said "Image shown for display purposes only"...umm what other purpose would it have besides displaying.: omg:
                - Damien

Comment

I have no Idea thats what is said on the web site when I pirated that image(ut oh bad word:shh: ) lol

:wow: :wow: Wiggo! you took that pic just for me?awwwwwww:blowkiss: lol:thumb:

ok so we have the mobo and ram decided on next is the graphics card it need to be an 8x agp. which one would work best with that board. and what about the case is the cooling factor sufficent:?:

Comment

For you and other's. ;)

This chipset with it's overclockin' options can very easily stress the memory out (even rated @ PC3500). :devil win

I'm findin' my 128MB 8x AGP Leadtek GF4 Ti4200 My VIVO's excellent and more than enough for just about anything so far except 3DMark03.
                    <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

do you mean the memory can't handle it or it stretches it out further, like performance?
                      :shoot3: :shoot2:

Comment

Working...
                      X