Sniffing out proxy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sniffing out proxy?

I'm wondering if i could use a packet sniffer to find out the proxy settings for a network. I havent used a sniffer, but it would it even show the proxy??

if you have access to any other machine on that network, you could look at those settings, unless they have been disabled by a security-conscious admin.

AFAIK, a packet sniffer could possibly work. It should be able to tell you where all the traffic is heading, and via which ports. Then again, I've never used one, I'm just taking a stab in the dark as well.

Comment

hey, it worked.
      I just went and DLed a regular sniffer and it gave me so muh info i have a headache, but it gave me the important info too.

Comment

when u do stuff like that for reference its probably worth posting a link to wherever/whatever u got tht did what you wanted, for any other person that wandered in wanting something similar...

like when u search google for that elusive drive only to end up in a forum that does everything but tell u where to get the darn driver.../end rant/

yer post link to the app u used..

Comment

I'm sorry, you're right here is a link

this is the one, i got a 30 day trail version.
          Good enough for what i need

Comment

cheers, now its here for future reference, and i can have a play too :D

Comment

as i look at the freeware versions of other packet sniffers, all tell you the info. So I am assuming that any sniffer will. :thumb:

Comment

actually one of the reviewers of that app linked to an even better one...
                Download and install TamoSoft products to experience the difference they can make.

best windows one i seen so far

Comment

Working...
                X