Manual resetting of BIOS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manual resetting of BIOS

I have tried to find out how to manually reset my BIOS, but to no avail. I looked in the motherboard (EPOX nForce2) and there's nothing in there. I have also been to numerous websites and found nothing relevant there either. Can someone point me in the right direction???

There SHOULD be a jumper on the motherboard somewhere located right next to the password jumper should say something like "clear cmos". If there isn't and I highly doubt that there isn't. Try pulling the battery for about 10 seconds I think it was? And that should clear it.....

Comment

usually the bios/cos/rtc reset jumper is located real close to the button battery on the motherboard, look for a jumper with similar marking nearby. all you should have to do is short the jumper, hit the power button, then place the jumper back to normal operation

Comment

As ReSpAwN DeMoN stated, the term you are looking for is "clear CMOS" that should help you to find more specific directions in your manual or online.
        The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Comment

Can you say Jumper Switch:?: and ya don't need to
          hit power switch just move jumper up & back and bios is
          reset..........long as u turned off the power first:snip: : peace2:
          Happiness isn't something you experience; it's something you recall.

Comment

it's the little 3 pin jumper right here....

Comment

haha ya that would help RDR.

Isn't it true that if you turn the PC on while the clear cmos button is switched to clear it it can short out the battery? Or is that the purpose of it lol........

Comment

Working...
              X