Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best place for domain hosting?

Hi All,

Just wanting to know if anyone knew of a good place I can get my domain hosted with good bandwidth, decent amount of webspace (150-200MB) and large data transfer quotas? What do you use, what does it give you, and how much does it cost?

I use www.godaddy.com for domain reg - one of the cheapest and most reliable places around.
    Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
    Managing Director
    Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Comment

I'm getting a 5MP digital camera soon and am wanting to post the better shots on my site which I'm currently hosting on my ADSL connection. As these photos will be anything from 2MB (JPEG) to 14MB (RAW), my trusty old Netspace 512/128 ADSL line won't be able to cut it I suspect. If only I had $720 a month to spend on Internet, I could get myself a 2.3MB/2.3MB SHDSL connection with IPrimus or something :smokin: !

Go Daddy look ok, but a 50MB website limit and 1500MB transfer limit is going to be too restrictive I think. It might just be best if I upgraded to the 1500/256 flat ADSL plan and continue hosting it myself. Then atleast I know I have no restriction on website size, and $150 is all I'll have to pay each month.

Comment

Anyone heard of Dot 5 Hosting? They have a pretty attractive price structure

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Tweak
          I use www.godaddy.com for domain reg - one of the cheapest and most reliable places around.

WWW.namecheap.com is also one of the best in the industry for domain registration, as for hosting most all are decent, just dont fall for the free sites that also have premium paid hosting services, they charge you like helll and then the features are absent as well.

Jinu Johnson

Comment

Working...
          X