Does This Sound Right?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does This Sound Right?

Ok i have an msi kt3 ultra 2 with 1 stick of samsung ddr 2700 with max ram timing and have the fsb sent to 147mhz with out touching the multipler running an xp 1800 plamino...and under load it only reads 41 degrees C.....i have see it higher before i over clocked it but since i changed to a new aluminum case...cheap nikao one....and over clocked it the temp droped!!! can this be right? im using the same case fans as before and this case is smaller. and im using a thermal take volcano 7+.....

can this really be right?

Looks right to me...Those are my temps for my 2000+ at 145fsb...with adequate case cooling i see this right on the money...:thumb:
    - Damien

Comment

so does that mean i can turn it up some more? or am i already pushing it:idea:

Comment

Crank it up...it will prolly go up but not by much...if you hit 50C you are still fine but thats a bit warm...41 is a good temp...

Also if you see temps rising way too fast then be careful...

Another thing that might help is using Artic Silver 3 for your thermal paste. That is hight quality TIM and wil most likely help in lowering temps ... o at least keeping them stable...
        - Damien

Comment

i am using artic silver 3...im just afraid of turning up the fsb bus anymore....what if i turn it to 166 and then drop the multipler down? or is it even possible to change the multipler on those cpu's...i know my board supports it

Comment

Well you willl have to do some mads physically to your cpu call unlooking which allows you then to change the multipliers. You will prolly hit 150 stable...try that...and if you see the system is stable but at times slows down or crashes...bump up the core's voltage...up just a hair...
            - Damien

Comment

Working...
            X