Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What would you do if you owned a company?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What would you do if you owned a company?

Not sure where to put this so i'll stick it here:thumb:Post your idea of what you would do if you owned your own company like intel or AMD and what you would make.
    I would make an FX with silent cooling:thumb:

Originally posted by rugbydude
    I would make an FX with silent cooling:thumb:
    How? You could make millions selling the idea to nVidia.
    Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
    Managing Director
    Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Comment

I would use an advanced water cooling unit that had no fan:D All the heat is taken through a gel and passed into the water. The hot water expands and rises and when it reaches the top is dispersed by copper plates:D

Comment

I would use an advanced water cooling unit that had no fan:D All the heat is taken through a gel and passed into the water. The hot water expands and rises and when it reaches the top is dispersed by copper plates:D
        Sweet, $200 extra for a graphics card... :)
        Managing Director
        Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Comment

I thought the other thread was a joke... this is just ... !@$%

Comment

I don't know what I'd do:?:

But I'm certain that the equipment I provided my employees would be in good working condition, so as to enable them to be productive. And the facility would be adequate to the task.

This thread may not be a joke - but the place where I am employeed sure as hell is.
            The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. C
              I don't know what I'd do:?:

But I'm certain that the equipment I provided my employees would be in good working condition, so as to enable them to be productive. And the facility would be adequate to the task.

This thread may not be a joke - but the place where I am employeed sure as hell is.
              Most of you who personally know me, know where I work.. I couldn't agree with you more, Mr. C.

Adequate supplies and technical proficiency would be on my top three list. Third? Big screen TV and a T3 game server :laugh:

---------------
              Seriously, I have read more than one article on businesses taking an interesting approach. One that I'd consider using if I had a medium to large business.

The idea is relatively simple, allow the employees to do constructive things like artwork (posted on the hallways, etc..), listen to music on headphones during work.

The most interesting thing that caught my eye was "break time". Basically a sound insulated room with sleeping bags and pup tents in it. The employee has one break per day (not including lunch) to take a power nap, or just relax. Perhaps a separate room with arcade type machines, etc..

And the killer: Toy basketball hoops all around the building!
              Chris "Raven"
              News Crew - TweakTown
              <!--
              <font size=1>
              <font color=green>Main Beast:</font>
              - Athlon XP 1800+@1701MHz | EPoX 8KHA+ | Corsair 512MB XMS3200C2 | GeForce3 Ti200
              - 2x80GB WD 7200RPM | 40x12x48 Sony CDRW | Pioneer 16X DVD
              - Swiftech MCX462+ / Tt Smart Case Fan 2 | Antec 1030SX case w/ 431W Enermax PSU
              </font>
              // -->
              "Look at life like your morning cup of coffee. You might have one every day, yet you still enjoy it."

How to ask a good question

Comment

I'd find out what'd be the most beneficial to make and start their. If I was lucky enough, I'd make about every damn PC part like AOpen (they don't make hard drives or CPU's---yet) so as to have a wide range of offerings.

Comment

I would probably spend mutch money on research to try and develope more effective cooling solutions as well as quiet tequinices on the same. Think about it, our systems keep getting faster and faster and sooner or later the standard method which is blowing cool air on a massive lump of metal just wont be enough to keep the temps down, copper or not..

This cooling soultions will always sell like crazy, not only to oc freaks but regular users as well who are sick n' tired of the +50dc noise comming from their +4ghz computer.

Something will have to change, and we are getting there really soon.. :2cents:

:cheers:

Comment

OK, I'm gonna be the official 'bubble burster' if that's ok with everyone.. I'll poke holes in everyone's comments.. :) Unless people have a problem with that?

Comment

Why you little..

Comment

Nope sounds good to me beefy. How bout a motherboard that allows two different processors running at one. One athlon one pentium. More power maybe:confused:

Comment

Nope sounds good to me beefy. How bout a motherboard that allows two different processors running at one. One athlon one pentium. More power maybe:confused:
                          LOL but why? You'd need twice as many parts on the motherboard, if engineers could get that working anyway...
                          Managing Director
                          Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Comment

Ok how bout a motherboard that would link two graphics cards like the old voodoo's. Two 9800 pro's:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Comment

Na.. i'd prefer 2 amd procs and 2 intel.. And also if we could throw in a G4 on top of that..

What do ya think of that Mr tweak?

Comment

Working...
                              X