Faulty Processors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Faulty Processors

Today, I was in my buddy house and i see he is building a comp. Its his own comp just replacing CPU, MOBO and Memory. When he starts the bad boy up...no post...so we try another processor...a 1500+ (previous was a 2200+) and nothing...so i notice the 2200+ has a dark spot seemed burnt to me...

So to help him out i told him to try the processors at myhouse on my comp. I take out my 2000+ and pop in the 2200+...no post...hmmm....so i try the 1500+...and nothing no post. Crap i guess they are both fried.. then i pop in the 2000+ (which i know works fine) and then no post with that.

My question now is....does a faulty CPU cauz faliure on MOBO? I have Cleared CMOS and nothing...man this has left me clueless...i am using my old p3 right now and sucks.

Any one have any thoughts on this... I appreciate and comments...Thank You:)
    - Damien

The mobo may be shortin' the CPU's out. :eek:

Comment

It's all interconnected man:eek:
      I've heard of such things before. Your heart was in the right place, lending a hand and all - but you took it in the seat that time.

No telling how extensive the damage is at this time, but hopefully a mobo is all you have lost - possibly someone knowing more might be able to fix it?? But simpler and maybe cheaper to get another.
      The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Comment

That is what i am hoping for Mr.C...and ty all...but i think my ABIT KX7-333R is DEAD...one of the best mobo i have ever used. Guess...i am getting a nfroce 2...and use the regular 40 gigs as master and slave...:( ...since the lack of IDE raid controllers on Nforce 2 forces me to...sux..that is really the only draw back in having to get a MOBO...no raid...

First time ...a see a CPU shorting a mobo..i mean i hear my HArddrives spinning...and my cd roms flicker but not one f**king post...nothing...

I didn't know this could have happen (obviously) ...you guys still think its the mobo with cd roms and hard drives spinning...
        - Damien

Comment

just a thought, but when changing procesors did you unplug the PSU from the wall???

Also try connecting only 1 drive and vid card, see if it posts.
          \
          If all else fails, you could get a BIOS reader card.

goodluck

Comment

Thanks ...ya we ahve tried everyhing kane...i think i am gonna go for the nforce2..
            - Damien

Comment

well if you get the 8rda+, it comes with a BIOS error reader built in, so next time you'll know. If there is next time.
              I hope you didnt mess up the CPU and mobo! :cry:
              :tears:

Comment

I recently tried putting a Tbred in a mobo that did not support it. It wouldn't even post. So I put the original cpu in (that had worked shortly before) and it wouldn't post either. I tried clearing the cmos with the jumper - no good. Pulled the battery out for 15min. Now it would partially post, then hang. Tried cold booting several times, finally posted. Flashed the bios with latest revision. Works again. Mysterious!

Comment

Originally posted by kane2g
                  well if you get the 8rda+, it comes with a BIOS error reader built in, so next time you'll know. If there is next time.
                  I hope you didnt mess up the CPU and mobo! :cry:
                  :tears:
                  That is just the + or does the regular 8RDA come with it as well...?

BlackJack i might take out the lithum battery out and see whats going...sounds like you explained my problem...and seems like it the same situation. Thx. Never thought about the battery.
                  - Damien

Comment

That would be most sweet if a flash took care of it:)

Good luck FLaCo:thumb:
                    The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Comment

Battery did nothing...so i guess it the nForce for me...thx for the help...:cheers:
                      - Damien

Comment

I had the same problem with my mobo/cpu combo i bough off of ebay. The board fried the cpu. The guy wouldnt replace it so I got the board i have now, and somehow, AMD replaced my processor....So Id say
                        GO FOR THE NFORCE......cause yours is dead!

Comment

Yea i figured that...don't have to rub it in...:tears: ...um i have no way to save any data since i have a RAID setup and you know how that is...so thats why its sucks. AMD MAN you have it backwards the burnt up chip from my friend messed up my mobo...
                          - Damien

Comment

*deep voice* And may the nForce2 be with you Luke. :devil win

Comment

Originally posted by Wiggo
                              *deep voice* And may the nForce2 be with you Luke. :devil win
                              Hehe...nice voice over Wiggo...thx for the cheering up...
                              - Damien

Comment

Working...
                              X