Just Joined SETI@Home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just Joined SETI@Home

Well, installing it now... we'll see what happens.

I'm totally new to it, so I don't know what it's doing, but it says 2.251% done and it's not going super fast, on my cable modem... : omg:
    : peace2:

Welcome ot the team. :wave:

I hope that ya usin' Method 2 as outlined here, http://www.soni.dk/Distributed/seti_installation.asp, for best all round performance? ;)

Comment

My first unit was on GUI w. full blown effects, It only took 48hrs to finish. Now if a WU takes more than 9 I'm pissed! hehe

Comment

Yeah, I guess I'm doing the GUI version. It's at 36.030% and it's taken 5:25:34... So Method 2 should be alittle better for me I guess.

I read how to implement the program, and I downloaded the two portions. But to I just uninstall or kill the GUI version?

Thanks!:cheers:

Comment

Doesn't really matter but uninstallin' it would be much better. :)

Comment

Originally posted by Corbinator
            Well, installing it now... we'll see what happens.

I'm totally new to it, so I don't know what it's doing, but it says 2.251% done and it's not going super fast, on my cable modem... : omg:
            : peace2:
            Your internet speed doesn't affect the speed of processing a work unit. Just the transfer of a completed unit and downloading a new one. You won't even notice the x-fers.

Welcome to the team! :thumb:
            :-(

Comment

i joined the SETI@home team about a month ago, and Ive processed 100 w/u's. I always have the CLI interface version in the background it and never affects me.
              Welcome to the team!!

Comment

Working...
              X