another volcano 7+ questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• another volcano 7+ questions

i got the volcano 7+ 2day, i put it all together but im confuse about the wirings.

from the fan theirs 3 wires, 2 of them are red and black the other on is yellow...where is this go? arent they suppose to be joined together?

Also from that fan control same wirings two red and black joined together with a yellow wire on its own and on the other end of it where is that 2 pins go?.

im just confuse as the manual did not say which goes which, it only shows the cooler put together.

help would be appreciated:afro: :bounce: wings: :group:

another thing do i spread the paste all over the bottom area? or just where the cpu's are?

Comment

look over this: http://www.thermaltake.com/products/heatsink/v7plus.htm
      I don't personally have a 7+, but it looks like the yellow wire connects to your mobo header so you can monitor the fan speeds and the red and blak wires connect to the fan control switch which connects to a 4 pin molex

apply the paste in a thin layer just on the cpu...since that is all that makes contact

Comment

Ya plug your fan into the fan controller (red and black). Then you plug the yellow comming from your fan onto your motherboard (to monitor fan speed). The fan controller uses a standard molex connector to receive it's power, so you plug it into your psu. The yellow connection from the fan controller is just there to make things annoying imo :)

Comment

thanks guys.....cheers:cheers: :cheers:

Comment

Working...
          X