No announcement yet.

What's a good replacement for GA-7VAX?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's a good replacement for GA-7VAX?

Okay, got my nephews computer back. I'm ditching the Gigabyte GA-7VAX, I've gone thru 2 both defective with the same problem. No more of them for me, what's a good alternative. That has upgradeablity in the future? Thanks!

EPoX 8RDA/+ (nForce2) or EPoX 8K9A2/+(KT400), any of these 4 mobo's will do with the nForce2 ones bein' the fastest though all will last for sometime to come plus they all force the multipliers with Thoroughbred CPU's.

Comment

Thanks Wiggo, I saw those at Fry's Electronics today, I might pick one up... after I check the online prices :thumb:

Comment

EDIT Oh yeah, my nephew didn't send his XP Home cd back with the computer, and I don't think my XP Pro cd will help anyhow. Do I need him to send me the cd? Thanks!

Comment

Yes ya will need his CD plus when changin' mobo's (especially with different chipsets) ya really must do a clean install of XP. Change the memory settin' from auto to SPD.

Comment

what i always do when i change MOBO's is that i burn every inportant file i need,,then just format the whole HD.

And it was a good chose for u to change to EPOX 8rda+,,is averaged price,,and is a good overclocking mobo

Comment

Working...
            X