Crashes, Crashes, Crashes !!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crashes, Crashes, Crashes !!!!

I installed Nolf2 and everytime I boot up the game and load either my saved games or from the very beginning...it crashes and takes me to the desktop.

I have an PIII w/ 733 mhz, 768 mb ram, windows 2000 and a geforce 2mx 64 mb. I have tried everything...reinstall video drivers...installed 4-in 1 drivers for Via chip...I pretty much decided I'm going to burn this freakin mobo and get another one without the VIA CHipset..I hate them...I really , really hate them....I have played every game under the sun..and I cannot play Nolf2 or Battlefield 1942 becuase of frequent crashes....Some one please help me....:mad:

Did you try different video card drivers. When I had a Via chipset/GF2MX combo, I found the 10.80's and 21.80's to be the best performancewise, but YMMV.

Oh, and before you ***** and blame the problems on Via, check the event log for errors. It may be something else, other than what you think it is.

If NOLF is the only game giving you trouble, look for a patch as well.

Comment

Originally posted by medfab
      I have an PIII w/ 733 mhz, 768 mb ram, windows 2000 and a geforce 2mx 64 mb. I pretty much decided I'm going to burn this freakin mobo and get another one without the VIA CHipset..I hate them...I really , really hate them....I have played every game under the sun..and I cannot play Nolf2 or Battlefield 1942 becuase of frequent crashes....Some one please help me....:mad:
      Well I got a Geforce 2MX 32MB and a VIA chipset, I play BF 1942 without any problems, only after some hours of playing it stop responding for some seconds, but it's because bad cooling.

Do what MorganL says, check the log or try a patch for Nolf2.

BF creates a log file it's under the "Log" directory maybe you can find something there (not sure)

Comment

Working...
      X