gpedit.msc NOT working right

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gpedit.msc NOT working right

ok ... this is the screen i get when trying to run it ....

how to fix it? :group:

my guess is that you've disabled a service that you need to run gpedit.msc

can you run other MMC snapins? like lusrmgt.msc
    services.msc
    secpol.msc

Comment

yes i can run them :confused:

we need an eXpert here!! :group:

[edit] looks like secpol.msc cant run either

Comment

Are you logged in as an administrator while trying to access gpedit.msc? Both gpedit.msc and secpol.msc cannot be used by user or guest accounts.
        If you are logged in as an administrator and you are still getting that error then i m quite sorry to tell u that gpedit.msc is not installed properly on your machine.
        The registry entries required for working on gpedit.msc are corrupt on your PC. This is where HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MMC\SnapIns the registry entries for snap-in are strored.

All the changes you want to do through group policy editor can be done by editing registry manually, but if you want to have it on your PC most probably you will have to reinstall the OS.
        Latest Microsoft Security Updates.
        Last Updated:
        10th MARCH

If you are a security freak: Use Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer (NT/2000/XP/2003)
        ======================
        jabber : [email protected]
        =======================
        Linux user since: April 24, 2003 312478
        yabaa dabaa doo...
        Customized for 1024x768

Comment

Originally posted by asklepios
          Are you logged in as an administrator while trying to access gpedit.msc? Both gpedit.msc and secpol.msc cannot be used by user or guest accounts.
          If you are logged in as an administrator and you are still getting that error then i m quite sorry to tell u that gpedit.msc is not installed properly on your machine.
          The registry entries required for working on gpedit.msc are corrupt on your PC. This is where HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MMC\SnapIns the registry entries for snap-in are strored.

All the changes you want to do through group policy editor can be done by editing registry manually, but if you want to have it on your PC most probably you will have to reinstall the OS.
          Gay.

I just want to do the 20% more bandwith-tweak :blah:

Comment

To do the 20% bandwidth tweak go to this Registry Guide . Create all the entries that are there in the guide and not in your registry. Do back-up your registry before you perform any tweaks.

MS claims that 20% reserved bandwidth tweak is not true and you should read this MS Article before you apply the tweak.
            Latest Microsoft Security Updates.
            Last Updated:
            10th MARCH

If you are a security freak: Use Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer (NT/2000/XP/2003)
            ======================
            jabber : [email protected]
            =======================
            Linux user since: April 24, 2003 312478
            yabaa dabaa doo...
            Customized for 1024x768

Comment

Working...
            X