irq question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• irq question

first of all my compliments on your article regarding tweaking windows xp I have applied the tweaks and it works much faster than before benchmarks are better but in one it has eluded me 3dmark 2001 have been always low and still are despite the tweaks and my system. a brief description:
    lian li case pc65
    P4 3.06mhz
    thermalright slk900
    mechatronics fan
    asus P4PE
    512mb corsair pc3500
    gygabyte radeon pro 9700
    80gb western digital se 8mb buffer
    audigy2
    inspire6700
    anyway looking on device manager in the section of the IRQ I notist that the radeon video card is assigned to IRQ 16 like this device Intel(R)82801DB/DBM USB Universal Host Controller-24C2 is this the problem of my graphic card underperfoming???
    my 3dmark2001 score:the best 14231
    is any way to change this? I have tried to look in the bios without success there are no IRQ settings options.
    any idea????

conci

winxp is capable of using multiple devices on same IRQ and i don't think that USB host controller sharing IRQ with graphics adapter could be causing you this truble.
    btw whats the expected score with that configuration? :?:

P.S. you seem to have tried some tweaking guide from TT. was it PI's From Relax to Righteous?
    It explains IRQ's quite well on 13th page!
    Latest Microsoft Security Updates.
    Last Updated:
    10th MARCH

If you are a security freak: Use Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer (NT/2000/XP/2003)
    ======================
    jabber : [email protected]
    =======================
    Linux user since: April 24, 2003 312478
    yabaa dabaa doo...
    Customized for 1024x768

Comment

Ok video cards and USB/nics do not get on well together and how ppl get these to share is beyond me (I always get separate IRQ's and it's the networkin' protocols that screw the video). :?:

Comment

the expected 3dmark2001 score with my set up should be around 15.000 plus I was told with optimazed windows should add another 800 points on top but that hasn't happened score remain the same there has been an improvement of around 100 points thanks anyway how do you change the irq I can't phisicly move the host controller or the video card there must be another way. I did use from reformat to relax I will do the one you mentioned in later time

anyway thanks for your reply

Comment

The BIOS should allow ya to set hardware IRQ's (all the ones that I've used do).

Comment

Working...
          X