No announcement yet.

ECSK7S5APro - omg! a p.o.s - help me !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ECSK7S5APro - omg! a p.o.s - help me !

ok, check it out, due to er... unforeseen circumstances my box is severely lacking in the mobo department. I have been forced to resurect an old FIC AZ11e which, among other things, caps my cpu at 1250mhz ; [ As I'm a few weeks away from the ca$h for a new nforce mobo I jumped at the chance to borrow a more contemporary stand in. What a fkup that was! This p.o.s K7S5A Pro is insisting that my hard drive run only in 'MS-DOS Compatibility mode..' and denies the very existence of my CD Drive !

I think I have tried all the standard fixes, anyone got any inspired last minute suggestions? Appreciate it, n1.

Oh yeah, btw I flashed the newest Cheapoman Bios in too. Its a nice job but doesnt solve the above probs.

:afro:

Another sucked in by a cheap price. :cry:

Comment

FIC and ECS: two brands I won't ever touch with a 10-foot pole again.

ECS is the #1 reason I have for paying more money for a better brand---which is just about anything else out their (Asus, Abit, AOpen, Iwill, Epox, Tyan, SuperMicro--no AMD tho, etc)

When getting a motherboard, keep in mind that time=money. Spend one or the other. I'd rather spend the money, and use the time to tweak the system instead.

Comment

Who buys cheap buys twice...

Who buys good buys once and svaes money...

my :2cents: Do some reserch like you are now...most of the time it prevents happening like these from occuring.
        - Damien

Comment

doods i appreciate the replies. but........i didn't buy the ECS i'm just borrowing it (thankfully) - anyway your advice is all sound nonetheless. n1.

reading between your lines I take it there is no hope for this board, so ill slip the old FIC back in for a fortnight ; [

:afro:

Comment

Originally posted by FLaCo
            Who buys cheap buys twice...
            I sure as hell wont

Comment

Originally posted by amd_man2003
              I sure as hell wont
              LOL, well you are buying another board aren't ya?...just this time you know whatcha buying there fore you learned from your experience. :cheers:
              - Damien

Comment

i just bought my 8rda+:thumb: , never will buy without knowing the reviews from wiggo and others on a mobo again

Comment

Working...
                X