Geforce4 TI4200 crashing to 640x480

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Geforce4 TI4200 crashing to 640x480

I've had this Gainward Geforce4 TI4200 64mb card for many months and am using it under Windows XP at 1024x768, 32bit color. Occasionally the screen changes to a checkerboard (alternating squares) on the screen and appears to lock for about 10 to 15 seconds, after which it returns to 640x480, 8-color mode. Garbage squares (like text graphics) remain on the screen along with other garbage characters (though I can still see and access the desktop through the garbage characters).

If I shut down and restart the computer (even hitting the PC's RESET button), the garbage characters REMAIN on the screen even during the RAM count and hard drive inititialization. The only way to get rid of the garbage characters is to power OFF completely. Then if I startup again the PC works well for a few days. I can run the card through 3DMarks2001 and all passes, even on several runs in a row. I tried shutting down all extra apps in the background and upgraded the video BIOS to the latest and tried several different video drivers in Windows XP. The problem still occurs every few days. Please help! Thanks

Well if you OCed it, then it would be a result of that I would think. If not, maybe try to underclock it. If it runs fine then, you likely have a faulty card:(

Comment

Does ya case have good airflow (especially around the vid card)? :?:

Comment

Sounds like heating mate:o

Comment

Working...
        X