Win98SE or WinME??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Win98SE or WinME??

I have a Pentium 3 500MHz, and I'm currently running windows millenium edition. I am having stability problems though, such as IE crashes. My computer also doubles as a Wingate internet server. Do you think running 98SE would help me out with stability? I've read that people keep their 98SE boxes running for weeks at a time with no problems, but I have trouble keeping mine running for a day with no problems! Also, I check, and there is no overheating with cpu, chipset, ram :D . Thanks for your help.

-Josh

stick with window 98...a bit less bugs as window ME. and i love to use window 98 OS for gaming..since is easy to install

Comment

I'd rather SE any day over MEss but have ya installed the missing .vxd files? This is the biggest cause of instability in Win9x oses.

Comment

Thanks for your help. I already tried installing the vxd's, right after reformatting. I'm going to switch to 98SE.

-Josh

Comment

recommend 98se.... it is the bast stage for gaming and other stuff

Comment

Actually, I might load Win2K. I don't really do much gaming (I know with 2K you can't do any:) ). I'm thinking about dual-booting 2K and 98SE. I'll use 2K all the time, but if I ever play games, I boot to 98. I know XP really combines the two, but I had XP on it before I loaded ME, and it ran like a hog. Once I get some $$ I'll upgrade to athlonxp and run XP again, but for now I think this will work. Thanks for all your help, Josh

Comment

I loaded Win2K, and it's running perfect. I haven't had one lockup yet (knock on wood), and it's running real fast, even after I loaded all my apps back on. I'll let it run tonight and see how it performs tomorrow. Now I don't have to hear anybody screaming "Josh, can you come fix the computer? None of my sites are loading" while I'm banging my head trying to get this thing to work again:D!

-Josh

Comment

I tried ME, but went back to 98, I like it better!

Comment

Working...
                X