How much can you over clock a GeForce4Ti

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much can you over clock a GeForce4Ti

I'm running my 4400 at 300/600 right now, I have the Leadtek A250 the one with the huge heat sink and dual fans. 300/600 runs without a problem, I felt the heat sink and it isn't much hotter than the default clock speed, if any hotter at all. I wanted to know how much I should try and push it, without breaking anything. Thanks.

No 2 cards will o/c the same and the only way to find out how far your's will go is to keep going.

Comment

[QUOTE]Originally posted by InfiniteThought
      [B]I'm running my 4400 at 300/600 right now, I have the Leadtek A250 the one with the huge heat sink and dual fans. 300/600 runs without a problem, I felt the heat sink and it isn't much hotter than the default clock speed, if any hotter at all. I wanted to know how much I should try and push it, without breaking anything. Thanks. Hi , Noob here but i have my Albatron ti 4600 set @ 339/709 .

Comment

Just OC a small step at time while checking for stabillity,
        and don't worry about breaking anything, as the worst that can happen is that have to you open the case and physically short the Cmos jump pin to reset BIOS to default and start over again.....and you'll know ya reached that point when even after a reboot the screen stays black.........so have fun and pay attention to your settings by markin' down.................:D
        Happiness isn't something you experience; it's something you recall.

Comment

i dunno..i had a PNY 4200 250core 500bus and i oc' it to 300/600
          and about 10 min later(while running 80 fps in ut2k3 with all settings at max and AA@2x and at@2x my screen went black and i couldnt load anythign in 3d anymore just windows and after reboot wouldnt even go into windows...g/l wiht urs and becarefull...btw sorta off topic..i saw the overclock in the drivers &settigns of the card but now that i got a warrenty replacement it wont oc with the new driver update...this only happen to me?? my buddy with same exact card cant oc his anymore eather

Comment

Hey InfiniteThought i have the same card (A250TD) and i have gotten it to 320/625. After that it will start to mess up on 3D games ( Atleast MOHAA). But w/ 330/630 u can run 2D stuff. I have one tried to get the mem up to 640 and it would freeze up after a while
            <font color=orange>AMD Athlon XP 2500+ Barton (166*11=1883MHz) -|- Asus A7N8X Deluxe Rev2.0 -|- Corsair XMS PC3200 512 MB RAM 2T-3-3-6 @DDR333 -|- Leadtek A250 TD GF4 TI 4400 300/630 -|- 40 Gig Quntaum Fireball AP+ -|- 52x Samsung CD-ROM Drive -|- SB Live Digital 5.1 -|- Antec SG case w/350 Watt Power-Up PSU</font>

Comment

how do you know when you've o/ced to much?

Comment

You'll get artifacts / screen freezing. That's how you'll know.

Comment

will your screen move, like side will be in one place and then suddenly go to another then back to the first like REALLY FAST?

Comment

Working...
                  X