how can i go any further?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how can i go any further?

i have got a pIII 1GHz, based on pcchips m754lmr mainboard, with one 128 and one 64 pc133 ram. could anyone tell me how much i can go to overclock?

more info required:hammer:

Comment

If it's a Coppermine core then don't expect much at all as the core itself is the prob but if ya have a Tualatin core then 1.4-1.5GHz is likely though it would be better to give us more details of ya hardware plus I'm not sure the ya elcheapo motherboard would be much good at overclockin' if at all.

Comment

didn't want to start a new thread as i wanted to ask the same Q.

i have a palmino 2100XP+ with a Abit KX7-333 mb and how much i could OC it. oh and 512 ddr pc2100 kingston ram.

Comment

Not likely very far with that memory as ya really should be usin' PC2700 with that setup but it should handle a 140-145MHz FSB if ya keep the memory speed matched to that of the FSB (memory timings may have to be reduced though).

Comment

victor, you will barely be able to overclock at all, and if you do itll have to be via software such as CPUcool or CPUFSB as you use a PCChip[s board which is basically OEM. I made a biug mistake when I bought mine so if your looking to overclock get a different mobo at least.
            Now, if you have high quality PC133 ram you MIGHT be able to hit a 140fsb

Comment

Originally posted by amd_man2003
              victor, you will barely be able to overclock at all, and if you do itll have to be via software such as CPUcool or CPUFSB as you use a PCChip[s board which is basically OEM. I made a biug mistake when I bought mine so if your looking to overclock get a different mobo at least.
              Now, if you have high quality PC133 ram you MIGHT be able to hit a 140fsb
              buddies, i appreciate all of you. i did try to use software to OC, but i only went to 1.13 GHz and system hung. all right, i am using Windows XP, when the process (PIII1.00B GHz) ran at 1.13, after restarting the system, the windows stopped loading. it also caused problems with some software while it was running at 1.05~1.09, the explorer in system tray closed automatically. is there any way to work out through the mainboard? i mean "mod".

Comment

Originally posted by colmaca
                more info required:hammer:
                the cpu is PIII 1.00b GHz running at 133 fsb as detected by the mainboard. i have flashed the bios recently. the mainboard is pcchips M-ATX m754lmr with all on board e.g. sound card, network, VGA card, modem. the harddisk is seagate 20 5400rpm, all right. is that enough?

Comment

It sounds very much like a Coppermine core which Intel found out the hard way that 1GHz was the safe ceiling with this core as anymore speed would just cause data errors though some ppl can get these to run at around 1080MHz safely (Intel's 1.13GHz Coppermine model was withdrawn from the market).

Comment

Originally posted by Wiggo
                    It sounds very much like a Coppermine core which Intel found out the hard way that 1GHz was the safe ceiling with this core as anymore speed would just cause data errors though some ppl can get these to run at around 1080MHz safely (Intel's 1.13GHz Coppermine model was withdrawn from the market).
                    is there any way to do with the mainboard? i mean any modify. thanks.

Comment

You'll likely do better with a quality mobo but what ya have is a bargin basement OEM job though ya'll be still usin' what's basically obsolete now. Ya'd be better off lookin' at buildin' a modern PC and keep what ya already have as a backup.

Comment

Working...
                      X