No announcement yet.

Audigy 2.....does anyone know the answer to this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Audigy 2.....does anyone know the answer to this?

alright, so far i've not been able to get any clear answers on this question. just got an audigy 2....hooked it up digitally and with analog cables to my yamaha 5.1 receiver. speakers are all hooked up via speaker wire, sub is hooked up via Monster Sub Cable. now i use the digital out when watching dvds so that my receiver decodes to DTS or Dolby digital, that works fine.

using the analog connections i've got problems. my front and rear speakers seem fine. what irks me is that my center doesn't really put anything out when playing mp3s, and i get absolutely nothing out of my sub. now the 'Getting Started' Demo gives an example of CMSS does and how it takes stereo content and puts it into 5.1, however, i don't get that...i'm only getting sound out of my front 2 and rear 2 speakers..... when i do the speaker tests, the center sounds fine, and nothing comes out of the sub. when calibrating the speakers i get noise from my center, and it seems fine in games, but playing music it doesn't put much out.

so here are my questions. does anyone know how to get the sub functioning as well as upmixing audio to utilize my center. i like the way my music sounds by goin through the analog cables, but would love it more if the center were active? what gives here...any ideas???

Sounds simple, and I could be way off - but have you selected 5.1 speakers in Control Panel, Sound and Audio Devices, Advanced?

Give it a try, it might just fix your MP3 playing problem.
    Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
    Managing Director
    Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Comment

yeah, i got that selected. i just don't get it, maybe its just the way the CMSS works, maybe it just doesn't put a lot into the center channel when playing music, which is too bad, cause i love playing my tunes through the digital out into my receiver, putting it into pro logic mode. i get all nice vocals out of the center. the draw back of that is that the rears don't sound nearly as good as they do when playing music through the analog connections.

plus i have no clue why my sub doesn't work. even in speaker calibration, when you set up all sort of stuff, every time it goes down the list, the last one listed is subwoofer and it just skips right over that setting, which is really odd. but lets say for example, i turn off all my speakers and crank up the volume on my receiver way past 1/2, i'll start to get noise out of my sub, very low noise, but still i'm getting some noise. i just don't get it

i suppose its just much easier if you get one of those all in one speaker sets......damn, gonna have to figure ths out!

Comment

Working...
      X