AMD in Trouble!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMD in Trouble!!!

With Intel's rosy prospects and all with their new P4c, Prescott, and teja models coming out, isn't AMD in some serious doodoo? Am I like wrong or what. I think that IBM was like going to merge with AMD a while back? what is going on here? Even though I own an Intel product I don't want to see AMD go down the toilet.

Chaos:flames:

I doubt very much that AMD will disappear but wait till September when the Athlon64 comes out and the AthlonXP replaces the Duron as the budget CPU though many big companies are lookin' to use AMD's Operton in commercial servers and workstations.

Comment

They are not going to merge. IBM and AMD are working on a joint venture for future chips. Design and fab work.

Comment

And with Intel's latest problem with their 800MHz FSB 3GHz CPU's, http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=9001, AMD's Hammer family and business liasons has Intel ver worried.

Comment

if anything, i see amd overtaking Intel in the cpu sode, especially if clawhammer is going to be as succesful as it seems itll be, btw, im not gonna build a new system, im gonna wait for clawhammer

Comment

considering a 1.6ghz almost rapes a 2.8ghz p4, it probably will own intel

Comment

Originally posted by aznx
              considering a 1.6ghz almost rapes a 2.8ghz p4, it probably will own intel
              :rofl:

Let's not go to far here m8. It's a difference in mhz to mhz efficiency but not that mutch, The 1.73 ghz AMD I had performs about equal to my 2.26 ghz P4 within most benches. Except video/audio encoding, in that area the P4 is quite a bit faster than the AMD due to it's SSE2.

:cheers:

Comment

Originally posted by amd_man2003
                if anything, i see amd overtaking Intel in the cpu sode,
                Ye on crack dude :)

Comment

Originally posted by amd_man2003
                  if anything, i see amd overtaking Intel in the cpu sode
                  Well, performance difference or not, that just ain't possible.

If so it should been done by now, INTELS prices is now mutch lower than they use to be and AMD is not the only choice for budget builders no more..

Comment

athlon64 has sse2..

Comment

I still like Intel, for right now anyways.

Comment

Originally posted by aznx
                        athlon64 has sse2..
                        yeah, that's why this is going to be so intresting for us SSE2 users. Who will perform better, the new 800 mhz fsb Hyper Thread P4's or this new amd..:?:

Either way it's gonna be a rough game for sure.. :hammer:

Comment

You bet it is going to be a rough game and I intend to watch it play out. These two competitors are going to have a lot of fun.

Comment

well, whatever happens, im sticking with AMD for good

Comment

800mhz fsb doesnt help, they just needa higher clock, say 4 ghz

Comment

Working...
                              X