Just purchased volcano 11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just purchased volcano 11

Well you read the topic! I just bought myself a Volcano 11, and 2 Thermaltake Crystal Orbs, for cooling my nforce 2 mobo. I am gonna stick one Crystal Orb on the NB, and one on the SB :). I am thinking about overclocking, as I heard it's pretty good w/ this ASUS A7N8X board :wave: . My question is about the Volcano 11 Xaser edition. I read pretty good reviews of it, and I was wondering if anyone here has one? It's supposed to be good up to an Athlon XP 3400+ and I currently have myself a 2200+ I am not really thinking about upgrading the processor, but I am wondering if the thing will be able to stay reasonably cool without sounding like a 747. Sooo any of you people have one of these beasts? :afro:

BTW: I just read the reviews of the Crystal Orb, and the only con was the price. I got mine for U.S. $8.99 each! Now where's the con now? ;). I also think you guys should review the Volcano 11, as it's definetly a hit from what I have heard so far! Unlike the Volcano 9 *cough* it performs more like it's little brother the Volcano 7+

Comment

goddamnit compare to a swiftech! thats all imma say, i cant decide between the two there is a 20 DBA difference between medium (on 7+) and the vantec tornado and a $30 buck difference

Comment

Thx Wiggo! When I was looking under the guides section I must have missed it :cry: lol O well thx again Wiggo :thumb:.

I was going to get some Tornado case fans, but I decided not too, as ummm well yeah :afro:

EDIT: Wiggo in the Volcano 11 review, when you did the tests, was that sucker turned up to full blast or what?

Comment

i think it said at full

Comment

Actually, it was me who did the tests. :D

And yes, the fan was running at full speed. Even at lower speeds they cool pretty well but I always tend to show what the coolers are capable of since most of our viewers are looking for top-end performance.
            Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
            My Toys

Comment

I havn't done any reviews, articles or guides for TT (I'm just a forum junkie hence the title) but reviews are found in the reviews section not in the guides.

Comment

Working...
              X