Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overclokcing AMD

Hi

I finally got my AMD system up and running. I have a 2000+ which I believe runs at 1.67 ghz. I noticed that in windows the processor was running at 1.2 ok I think thats fine I'll make a few adjustments. I put the fsb up 110 just to see what happens and the system to give any output to the screen or the keyboard. I can only get in stable at 109 fsb which is like 1.3 or something. I'm pretty sure all the jumpers on my board are set correctly I.e the jumper that enables 133 fsb is set correctly. The multiplier is at 12.5 have AMD locked this now?

You'll have to excuse my ignorence I am new to AMD's

Originally posted by Neil2094
    Hi

...I put the fsb up 110 just to see what happens and the system to give any output to the screen or the keyboard. I can only get in stable at 109 fsb which is like 1.3 or something. I'm pretty sure all the jumpers on my board are set correctly I.e the jumper that enables 133 fsb is set correctly. The multiplier is at 12.5 have AMD locked this now?

You'll have to excuse my ignorence I am new to AMD's
    are u certain you're mobo is set on 133 fsb? because athlon XP's run at 133 (266DDR) by default unless ur mobo is set to 100 manually..

unstable at 109 fsb?

and i think my msi k7n2L came in at 133 fsb by default so maybe u are running at 133?

and i would think that ur cpu multiplier is locked(maybe the reason for the low fsb?).. the xp1700+ T-bred B is unlocked and u can OC to your hearts content.

Comment

tukinnam

Many Athlon mobos are set to 100mz fsb by default because you might put a Duron in them.

Comment

yeah it was at a default of 100. The reason why it was unstable was that the core voltage was set to low. I adjusted this, found the multipliers and now everything is stable and is running at 2000+ speeds. Nice.

Comment

Working...
        X