PROJECT LONGHORN (the new windows)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PROJECT LONGHORN (the new windows)

Hey guys i just heard about PROJECT LONGHORN from my biweekly computer active so looked it up for more info. I found a good genuine site about it with pictures NEW WINDOWS
    the purpose of this thread is not to find out where to get it or how to install it but what you think of it from the rumours e.t.c - aparantly its going to change a hell of a lot before it comes out and will also be supporting DVD+R/+RW rather than DVD-r/-rw and DVD-RAM.

What improvements do you think does the new version need to include from XP and what features did you like in XP which you want to be included in LONGHORN?

Cheers :cheers:

Don't even get me started:D
    :shh:
    :spam:
    The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Comment

XP can't be that bad :devil: can it?!!

ta ta

Comment

I find it funny that so many people are looking for downloads for this OS thats nowhere near its release phase.,

why would people want to waste there time with something thats so far from being released, whats the big deal about longhorn?

I like xp and see no reason to start looking for a change.

oh, and another thing.....I remember when ME came out, i went out a purchased it and felt like I wuz robbed !!

Comment

One word - Palladium

Comment

I think its the fact they want to have a new product first - but i think i would rather wait xp seems fine at the mo. Also when people ask what OS i have i would have to say oh its the new windows Alpha called project longhorn - and they would be thinking "okay you just ripped that off somewhere you thieving scouser" style so dont think i really want it just yet - but if the aphla is really worth having please some one tell me :)

Paladium -

Is this the new sercurity system microsoft want to incorporate into longhorn? The ability for the computer to know who you are and what you are doing on your computer?

Amd and Pentium will have special chips so they only work with specific programs or summit.

Aparantly it will destroy all spam - which is nice.

They were planning to make it music more secure but decided our files and e-mails needed better protection. But i think its just going to reduce what we look at - its a way of them controlling our lives i suppose.

ta ta :scream:

Comment

Well said!
              We are seeing a marked movement away from the Win 95 catch-phrase, "Where do you want to go today?" and now are leaning toward a "Keep your arms and legs inside the vehicle at all times" approach to computing.

Sorry, but I personally find it reprehensible to think that I should pay for an OS that is in actuality a user control system instead of a data manipulation device.

Maybe this has it's place in the corporate side of computing, but as a personal method of computing it leaves a lot to be desired.

Give my PC liberty, or pull the plug!

am I the only one here that finds that requiring the first 1/4 Gigabyte of RAM to be used by the OS is just obscene
              :?:
              The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Comment

Working...
              X