This is a good one

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is a good one

Ok will try my best to explain this problem.Bulit a new computer using Asus A7n8xdeluxe And a Amd 2400+ Asus Video card Running xp corp with sp1 .Ok heres the problem I loaded win zip which works fine .When i use the cd rom to install a program with has a normal looking zip file icon it unzips fine but when i put a cd in that has a differnet style icon it looks like a folder when i go to unzip it it locks up my pc .If i take the same cd to my other computer it opens fine .When i click on the folder which i want to open it goes right to the winzip extractor and works fine . i tried reinstalling the win zip and i even did a full reinstall of xp .I'am totally lost on this one .The icon that i'am talking about i see mostly on programs i get off of kazza .Hope this make some sence to someone and i can get some ideas to try thanks

Use winrar instead it's a mutch better app, maybe you got yourself some rar files there which requires winrar to extract..

WinRAR provides the full RAR and ZIP file support, can decompress CAB, GZIP and other archive formats

:cheers:

Comment

PicoZip has a 30 day free trial. Tackles those .rar's with ease.

We Blog About How To Protect Your Online Privacy Read Our Latest Posts Information Hey everyone and welcome to my website. My name is Alex Pico Zapata. I’ve been working as a programmer for over 2 decades now… And at some point, while writing code for work, I started signing it with PICOZIP (stands for ... Read more Picozip
      The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Comment

Awesome program worked like a charm .Thanks But still like to know why win zip wouldn't work never had a problem like that before but then again this is a new computer i put together.Maybe i should leave things alone and be thank full for the small things , But i'am one of those people that like to know why things happen the way they do on pc's

Comment

most likely windows Rar files

Comment

Working...
          X