Gforce 4 TI4800 and XP issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gforce 4 TI4800 and XP issue

I have an EPOX 8rda+ mother board, an xp2200 cpu, 768 samsung pc2700 ddr ram, and a Gainward Gforce 4 TI4800 video card 128 md ddr, Sound blaster aud 2 sound card. My problem is that when I install the color card the system see's the card and installs the drivers, but when I reboot , and go to the control panel and under display (advanced, adapter) it shows only two screen resolutions.
    640x480 16bit and 800x600 16bit. I have tried 2 different set of video drivers, but both are the same result.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank You
    Ron :shrug:

have you tried installing Nvidia's drivers, or just the one's M$ supplies?

Comment

I've tried all three types of drivers, Nvida, detantor, and the Gainward. I found that Creative Media Player had a problem with the GF 4 card and when I removed it finally loaded drivers, I thought. The other program I suspect is Norton SystemWorks 2003. I plan to uninstall it tonight and see if that helps.

Thank you for your response.
      Ron:shrug:

Comment

wierd problem...that card is it new? if so did you really get rid of ALL the old video drivers...ie the links in the registry...if its not and upgrade try uninstalling everything.. that might be gainward vid card related....incl..stuff in the registry...and then when xp starts up if it detects your card and asks to install the drivers cancel that and let it boot to its standard display adapter...from there on try using the newest nvidia drivers... that should work...i guess :confused:

Comment

it might be norton, it's generally a good idea to disable any AV software when installing drivers

Comment

Originally posted by minibubba
            it might be norton, it's generally a good idea to disable any AV software when installing drivers
            100% Right. Always disable antivirus when installing drivers.

Comment

True, users are also prompted to do just that upon install of detonator drivers..

:cheers:

Comment

yeah i just figured he allready did that..since it does tell to do so..btw..is it working allready?

Comment

Working...
                X