Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The 865PE

yeah there's actually a few 865pe boards that can outperform some of the not-so-hot 875s now.

ABIT and ASUS have both unlocked "something similar" to PAT, and claim significant performance boosts.

My P4P800D is fast enough for me.

I think I read that the 865PE chips are just 875P chips that didn't pass Intel's testing for PAT. Officially PAT is disabled in the 865PE, unofficially mobo manufacturers have nebaled it but just can't call it PAT (MSI call it MAT, Asus call it Hyperpath). 865PE also still has the CSA bus gigabit LAN if the manufacturer chooses to use it. Dunno about the ECC but realistically performance users aren't interested as it drops performance anyway
    My Box:
    Intel Pentium 4 2.4C @ 2.7
    DFI 875P Lanparty
    512Mb Geil PC3500 Dual Channel (Cas 2-6-3-3 @450MHz DDR)
    Leadtek A280 Geforce4 4200 MyVIVO
    Audigy DE
    1 x 73Gb Seagate fibre channel 10krpm (boot drive) with LSI HBA
    1x80Gig Seagate Barracuda ATA V
    1x120Gig Western Digital 8mb cache
    Spiffy Antec Super Lanboy (LED fan and UV light)

fragman, that should be correct information but I'm not 100% sure. I read something similar too but one never knows until u get an electron microscobe and open up the chipset.
    Dell Inspiron 8200 laptop
    p4 1.7GHz, 1GB DDR-Ram, 40GB hdd, DVD-ROM+External DVD-+RW, connected to a BenQ 17"LCD Display (own LCD display went nuts)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information