Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Barton2800+ w/volcano 9 (I is scared)

ya im just wondering if a volcano 9 (which i already ordered) will be good for oc'ing my Barton 2800+ i would have got the 11 but they were out of stock. lemme know than><
    kl0wn

You pickred the right machine. I run a volcona 9 w cool mod and duct mod on 3000+. The bomb, it rocks. Great pick.:thumb:

thanks a lot man, that takes a lot of weight off my shoulders honestly lol, i was very afraid :barf: hey do u have any idea how much i could over clock that sucker, and i also have 3 case fans on top of that btw
    kl0wn

What I done is. fsb to 420 mhz. with a A7V8X mobo. I have a cold air intake( 4 inch drier hose run outside ) to keep my case with 7 75 cfm thermaltake case fans. I am still going trying to find 3200+ at a good price. Hope all works out for ya and if you need anything else just ask. Have fun, thats is what it is all about, But be careful :cheers:

ya well a few other people told me on another forum that this was not a very good cooler cuz it wasnt all copper, and that i couldnt overclock a 2800+ on it almost at all without problems so im still not 2 sure wut im gonna do yet. think theres sumthing else i could do 2 help me oc for not 2 much money w/ that hsf?
    kl0wn

Try it and if it don't work I will buy your vol 9 for you for what you paid for it. I am a true believer in them they are great units. I have a family member that uses one on a 2500 barton and it is almost freezing. I stand behind the 9 al the way. do the air duct trick with outside air and a duct mod from thermal take makes it even cooler. :flames:

alright man u sound pretty confident. so ill see wut happens, thanks f the support im adding u 2 my buddys list :P:thumb:
    kl0wn

I didn't mean that ya couldn't overclock with it but better choices could've been made that where not only better (Volcano 7+) but also much quieter (ya still doin' much better than a retail one but have some earplugs handy when it gets goin'). : peace2:

i like my volcano 9 as well.. had a chance to trade a brand new volcano 7+, tried it and said nahh.. its a personal preference, i think the volcano 7+ may cool a bit better, but, i also found it to be more noisi-er.

The volcano 9 scares me. the weight of it mkaes it pretty easy to chip the die on an Socket A CPU if not seated properly, gotta be carefull with that one.

Thread Information