Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AMD 3000+ System any good?

Processor : AMD Athlon XP3000+ processor
    Memory : 1024MB PC2700 DDR RAM
    Hard Disk : 320GB (2x Seagate 160GB) 7200RPM Barracuda Drives
    Graphics : 256MB ATi Radeon 9200 graphics
    DVD : 16x Msi DVD-ROM drive
    DVD-Writer : DVD/CD Multi-writer (Panasonic latest multi dvd writer dvd-rw)
    Firewire : 2x 1394 Firewire ports
    Sound : 6Channel surround sound built-in
    Ethernet : Realtek 10/100 Ethernet for home networking / ADSL
    Operating System : Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Verify
    USB : 4x USB2.0 ports
    Ports : Standard serial and parallel ports
    Modem : Hayes 56k V92 modem
    Case : Full ATX case
    Keyboard : Multimedia keyboard
    Mouse : Logitech wheel mouse
    Floppy : 3.5" 1.44MB floppy drive
    Other Features : Integrated flash / memory card reader
    Motherboard: ATX System Unit, 7 drive bays and full ATX KT400 with 5 pci and 3 memory slots

This is the system i want its 999 approx $1700 (US)
    This is the link is it a good system? Time any good?

http://www.timecomputers.com/products.php?prodid=4765

Need to know asap cause i might get one
    Programmers Love games
    Just like Meh! :D

I'd get the Western Digital JB-series drives, and make sure it has RAID capability, if I were you.. but its not a biggie, the Seagate's are good drives too
    It's also got integrated sound, but if your not an audiophile, its not really necessary to upgrade that...
    The case looks like crap, but then again, most OEM's are...
    It also dosn't specify the motherboard (very important) or the powersupply (not so important)

I'm spoiled, so those are mainly minor things, coming from a white-box/self-builder... for an OEM machine, it looks pretty decent
    386 DX40, 4mb 80ns EDO RAM, .5mb Trident VGA, 120mb 2200rpm JTS HDD, SoundBlaster ISA, Zoltrix 2400bps modem, 2x Creative CDROM (tray loading), Panasonic 3.5" FDD/5.25" FDD, Samsung 14" UVGA Monitor
    -----

/Z

Quote Originally Posted by Zaltec
    It also dosn't specify the motherboard (very important) or the powersupply (not so important)
    Actually the PSU is VERY important.. But anyhow $1700 is quite high for that computer.. At least that's my opinion. And that cpu is not performing anywere near it's pricetag so you should choose a cheaper one like the 2500+ which can be oc pretty good and probably perform equal if not better than that 3000+ one..

It's your $$$ so you decide but I still think you should build your own computer..

Quote Originally Posted by The__tweaker
    Actually the PSU is VERY important.. But anyhow 00 is quite high for that computer.. At least that's my opinion. And that cpu is not performing anywere near it's pricetag so you should choose a cheaper one like the 2500+ which can be oc pretty good and probably perform equal if not better than that 3000+ one..

It's your $$$ so you decide but I still think you should build your own computer..
    Welcome to the UK

I will ask what motherboard and psu it has and also if the drives have RAID? wtf is RAID btw?
    Programmers Love games

Raid issue have been covered already, many great links. so if you want to know use the search feature.

I'd also be inclined to go for PC3200 as a minimum with that CPU and I'd make sure that the motherboard was an nForce2 based one but really RAID is unnecessary for your needs.

I rang em up and got some more information from them had alook around but no luck

Motherboard: MSI KT400

PSU: 350w delta electronics

And links?
    Programmers Love games

Well I'm sorry but that mobo is no good this days, you want to go for an Nforce2 solution just like Wiggo mentioned. They are quite cheap and perform mutch better than that 400 chipset.

In fact the nForce2 mobo with only 1 stick of memory will give ya the same performance as the KT400 but I don't know about that PSU so ya'll have to check that out ya self though at least 200w across the combined 3.3 & 5 volt rails is a must for stability (usually requires a 400w PSU for that rating).

I wanna know if i should get this pc or not, it seems a DAMN good bargin!

And I'm sure i can fix a few things up e.g case or new motherboard in time, what is wrong with that motherboard, it works right, how old is it???

What is the best nForce 2 board? Why is nforce bettter/!
    Programmers Love games

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information