Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Barton Cooling

Well, here I go on phase two of this cooling situation.

The AeroFlow is doing a wonderful job as I reported earlier. But those case temps were still bothersome. Upon trying many different things like side on, side off, desk fan blowing in, etc., I finally found something that worked real well.

I put orange fan from the V9 in as a replacement for the stock input fan in the lower front. It is running at full speed but is far quieter in that position. Better insulation I guess.

I also replaced the rear fan (2400 RPM) with a 4500 RPM fan. These two things brought the case temp down about 1 C.

Not much of an improvement.

But... I then took that old 2400 RPM’r and set him in the bottom 5 ¼ inch drive bay as nothing was in the bottom two bays. I tilted him towards the right/back at about 45 degrees. Wow!!! Case temps now down another 5 C. Pointing him straight back did no good except that it raised temp by 5 C again.

The magic was in that particular position at tilted at 45 degrees.

I am now running at 44 CPU and 31 case with room currently at 78 F. Idle reading is CPU fluctuating between 38 and 40 C.

I think I’m now satisfied and will wait and see if the AS3 curing period does anymore for me.

So basically what I’m saying is that this issue is now closed.

What a wonderful bunch of helpful and concerned folks you all are. You helped and encouraged me immensely.

Thanx a million :wave:

John :cheers:

Whoops... forgot to tell you all this: the PS bottom fan is indeed sucking out air, not blowing in as I described. I put my hand under it and it felt like it was blowing down into the case. I then put a small sheet of paper under it and it tried to suck it up n’ out!

So much for trusting my hand to diagnose airflow!!! :no:

John

No problemo, most fan feel like that. Sometimes they have a little "Back pressure" that makes it feel like they are blowing out.

Also, most fans have an arrow on the outside case to tell you the air flow direction if you can see it.

Hope everything works out for you.
    If you need anymore help, you know were we are at. That is what this place is for.

I know once I start building my new setup(below) I will run into somthing that I need to ask a ? or two!

Chez
    SFlower/Kingwin TT-201AB-W 3 window 12 bay Black/Gold ~
    Antec 480Blue modded+UV blue sleeved-hshrink from Pc-perfomance
    A7V8X Deluxe Rev. 2.0 - 2500+ Barton ~ Aero 7+ OR TT 11 Xaser w/ TT fan tube
    MSI Ti4200-VTD8X 8X AGP w/Zalman h-pipe cooler ~ Geil 2 x 512 Cas 2.5 6-3-3-2t w/Blue HS
    WD120JB 7200 8mg Cache ~ Maxtor Quantum Fireball 60GB
    Lite-on 48x24x48x16x CDRW-DVD Black ~ Aopen 56x Cdrom Black
    Enermax 3.5" Fan controller A3FATR2 ~ Round UV Blue cables/Silver braid
    2x12” UV/Blacklight CC Sound/on-off/PCI switch ~ 2x12” Thtake Blue CC Sound/on-off/PCI sw
    ALL wires UV Blue sleeved + Hshrink - Cornea CT 1904 19" LCD BLk/Slvr ~ Microsoft™ Windows XP Pro

Knowledge is POWER

“I am now running at 44 CPU and 31 case with room currently at 78 F. Idle reading is CPU fluctuating between 38 and 40 C.

I think I’m now satisfied and will wait and see if the AS3 curing period does anymore for me.“

Well, the AS3 must have helped, 96 hours later.

My case temps are the same, but the CPU is now down to 36C at idle and I can’t get over 53C no matter how hard I try with the room temp at 80F. I have run Sandra, Prime95 and my other test of “stuffing” a 830 meg folder with many files (using Stuffit Deluxe), hundreds of them; all at the same time.

You were ALL right! The AS3 made a big difference, after it cured in of course. That last time of letting it go just 48 hours wasn’t enough I guess. Of course that AeroFlow helped alot too!

Now, for real, case closed!

Thanx again Dudes!!! :thumb:

John
    :cheers:

Cool, I mean glad you got it under control. Now you can see how far it'll OC before it starts to :flames: again. LOL
    [size=1.5]AMD 2100+ | Epox 8RDA+
    2x256KHX3000 | AreoFlow TMD
    Antec SmartBlue 350watt | 2 TT80mm case fans | WD 120gig
    Maxtor 60gig | FIC 9800pro | Apex Thermally enhanced case [/size]

Anti,

You sure do have a lot of negative comments whilst having such an entry level system.

Keep the comments on the up and up bro...

Chez

PS Southern California, is spelled with a "U". As I grew up there. SC Local....
    MSI Ti4200-VTD8X 8X AGP w/Zalman h-pipe cooler ~ Geil 2 x 512 Cas 2.5 6-3-3-2t w/Blue HS
    2x12” UV/Blacklight CC Sound/on-off/PCI switch ~ 2x12” Thtake Blue CC Sound/on-off/PCI sw
    ALL wires UV Blue sleeved + Hshrink - Cornea CT 1904 19" LCD BLk/Slvr ~ Microsoft™ Windows XP Pro

Knowledge is POWER

Excuse me. I didn’t think I was being negative Mr. Advanced computer. I thought it was humorous. Note the "LOL" at the end. He's OCed pretty good right now. Yes southern is spelled with a U. Thanks for pointing that out.

He isn't overclocking. He was having a problem with HEAT from his CPU.
    We were helping him diagnose where it was coming from and ways to get his temps down.

No problem if you were just joking.

I just happen to be reading your comments the other day regarding PersianImmortals XP tweaks, and felt you were being negative there as well. Anybody can nitpick. Unless you have contributed to making the net a better place and HELPING others because you enjoy it, I don't feel nitpicking someone else's work as constructive, unless done in a constructive way. Which you did not. As by the at you, or around you by your lack of couth.

Lets leave it at that and have a good one. Just a little constructive criticism. Sometimes it is hard to see how we are taken by others unless someone points it out to us.
    I have done the same thing and thought I was being funny, until someone told me differently.

Regards,
    Chez

Knowledge is POWER

I just happen to be reading your comments the other day regarding PersianImmortals XP tweaks, and felt you were being negative there as well.
    Huh? You must be mistaken. As I have not posted in that thread. Actually I found his guide very helpful. That’s what brought me to Tweak Town in the first place.

BTW Icpguy said
    The 2500+ is running at 2.1 GHZ at present and the post screen identifies it as a 2800+.

WELLL WELLL WELLLLLLLLLLLLLL. I love making an a$$ of myself, or a simple mistake. Either way they suck when you do them. :steam:
    Sorry about that.

I mistook you for another poster named anxt or something of the like.

He was pretty much being an a$$.

My fault. CHEZ

Keep on posting and just ignore me.......

Everyone makes mistakes, its those that own up to them that make the difference.

Once again, my apoligies.

Chez:hammer:

"Asleep at the wheel"

PS If I may ask where abouts are you from in Southern California?
    I am in N. Dakota now. My wife is military. We just got back from 5 years in Tokyo. So I mis my ol' stompin' grounds.

Knowledge is POWER

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread Information