Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Athlon XP 2100+ Cooling Question

This is why I always ask for room temps so as to see if there's an airflow prob with the case.

i know that i am the newbie here. some will say i am insane stupid and all the other things.

i have a xp2100+ that i am using as i type this. It is oc'ed to 2170(13x166) on a stock heatsink. the temps read 39c room and 82c cpu. these readings are with seti running all the time with no break. it has been as high as 88c. it has been like this for 2 days str8 now and it has given me no problems. i think that people underestimate how much heat an amd can hold. the main board i use is a epox 8k3a+. i am not scared to push the limits. i just wanted to state that

i'm sorry man but thats just dumb :eek: I really hope that ur mobo sensor is shot and ur cpu isnt really above 80C cuz thats terrible for ur proc. Even if it works for a while you are drastically shortening its life, especially with the oc on

to those that think that i am lying about my cpu temps that high and that it is not possible i have attached the file showing wcpuid and mbm

39C is like 100F+
    thats one hot room!!!
    or all your temps are off.

BTW go into BIOS and see if the temp show up just as high,
    if so, than your temp probes are off. if they are cooler, than you need to adjust for that. :blah:

well, 40C is 105F, and thats what my CPU temp is, So If your CASE temp is that high, your room muyst be really hot, and you musdt have serious airflow probs. What is your room temp?

that is what it reports but it is no where near some 100f in here. afterall i do have air:) i always know that it has lied but i don't kow by how much. i only pay attention to it if it hits 88's c the motherboard also reports the same temps so i know that it is not a mbm problem. is it possible to adjust the prob to read lower than it picks up cause that might help, it is about 70ishF in the room now

what mobo do u have cuz certain mobo's are known to have temp sensors that are more than a little out of whack :?:

the board i use is a epox 8k3a+

Quote Originally Posted by TwistedMovistar
    i know that i am the newbie here. some will say i am insane stupid and all the other things.

i have a xp2100+ that i am using as i type this. It is oc'ed to 2170(13x166) on a stock heatsink. the temps read 39c room and 82c cpu. these readings are with seti running all the time with no break. it has been as high as 88c. it has been like this for 2 days str8 now and it has given me no problems. i think that people underestimate how much heat an amd can hold. the main board i use is a epox 8k3a+. i am not scared to push the limits. i just wanted to state that
    :eek: dude, you should hope that your probes are off, 90 C is the MAX operating temp for that cpu...you should really try to keep it under 60 C...temps like that will kill it :(
    I've gone too far and need to move on!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information