Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Athlon XP 2100+ Cooling Question

well i know that it bothers alot of yall when yall se the temps creeping 60c. but i have to ask how many of you have burned up a cpu? i mean with the heatsink attached? i don't mean becuase the heatsink didn't touch or you installed it wrong, i mean the heatsink was on correct and it ran up to 70c then burnt. i am sure alot of you haven't done it. my old 1.4 used to run 70ish if i am not mistaking(i may be). but for all yall that are worried i am either gonna get a volcano 9 or part out the money for the swiftec mc462???. i am currentl running it at 2197(13x168) full load is at 83c. no problems i tried to do 2210 but i crash that high.

With those sort of temps I'd be fitting a CompuNurse for peace of mind.

it is so many things that i wanna do right now but can't cause money is tight.
    new case
    new memory
    new cooler

but hey i can wait
    i am stil running it thru the test. i crashed at 2193 so i am back down to 2180 at 83c if i have to come down to 2100 i am happy with the oc. the same chip i am using now i used to not get 70mhz's out of it. then memory failed(pc2100 256) and i replaced it with some temporary pc2100 128 and it oc's like hell to only cost 15 dollars. i have a duron 900 that will get this memory thou. don't worry i sorta have a backup if this fails.:woot:

sorry to hijack your thread man

just think of a temperature that is too hot for your own personal taste, then think if the cpu would like that also!!! 83 C is purely CRAZY!!!! i would think that it would melt, not fry. 63 C is still too high, so something is not straight. sounds to me like you have a real problem.

look through all the past posts about cooling ( HSF placement, TIM, that type of stuff.) before u buy new stuff make sure you have to. i bought things before i tested and retested then was pissed later on because i was just doing something wrong.

:)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information