Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: V11 and a7v8x

I am looking at buying a volcano 11 for my xp 2200, and my a7v8x, and was wondering if anyone had any problems with that combo on the board. Also I have only had one complete success with installing a frikin fan, because two times i have chipped the core on my procs, and ive only tried three times. Any suggestions there are welcome 2.

I dunno if it will fit, but I have the v11 and I love it.
    Maybe you're just putting too much pressure on it, cuz I took mine off a couple of times and had no problems.

I've taken HSF on and off plenty of times with out ever having a problem...just keep in mind what you are doing when you put it on, keep it balanced, don't put too much pressure on one side or the other, and take your time

if you are really concerned about cracking another chip, you can always use a shim

as for your HSF of choice and your mobo, get the dementions of the base and make sure you have enough space for it
    http://www.thermaltake.com/products/heatsink/v11.htm
    I've gone too far and need to move on!

Chipping of the core is caused by ppl who rock the HSF from one side to another. It must be held down level. In the whole time that socket a Athlons have been out I've not cracked one yet and I've dealt with a hell of lot of them now.

Thread Information