Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Intel Tejas

90nm/65nm Micron Process
    120-140mm2 Die Size (90nm) / 80-100mm2 Die Size (65nm)
    Extended Enhanced Hyper-Threading
    8 Tejas New Instructions (TNI) : New high-performance audio standard, code-named Azalia supporting Dolby digital, multistreaming and improved speech recognition.
    1MB L2 Cache
    24KB L1 Cache
    16K uOps Trace Cache
    800/1066Mhz FSB
    775 LGA (Land Grid Array) Package
    Clock Speed From 4.4Ghz & Above
    Supports Socket T, Dual Channel DDR-II 400/533Mhz, PCI Express x16 & ICH6 with Grantsdale chipsets
    Availability H2 2004

Intel Tejas processor and socket images

weta, is that a new processor from Intel?

"I MaY nOt WhAt ThEy CaLlEd PERFECT bUt SoMe PaRtS Of Me ArE £UcKiNg ExElLeNt!"

How many pins Weta?

and yes thats the a new processor in progress from Intel.
    - Damien

ITs 775, and I believe theyre CONTACT like deals, that just touch the socket, not actual pins

weta, is that a new processor from Intel?
    The Tejas is the successor to the upcomming Prescott from Intel. It is widely believed that the first iteration of the Prescot will be in the current P4 socket, with a pinless socket to come Q2 next year.

Prescott:

- 90nm process
    - 13 New instructions
    - 1MB L2 Cache
    - 800mhz Front side bus
    - Works with canterwood and springdale*

* But perhaps not current 875 and 865 boards due to voltage requirements. ASUS recently removed the Prescott compatability claim from their website.

Cheers, Tom.

So in other words if I buy a nice 865 mobo next month I'll probably have to replace it Q2 2004 if I want to get me one of those new fancy cpu's with 1Mb L2 cache.. Or does anyone know if any brands will unlike Asus keep their claim about compability with this new cpu's..:?:
    A new mobo isn't the hole world to replace though, after all their not that expensive..

:cheers:

From the looks of hte CPU, an upgrade will be required motherboard wise.

Quote Originally Posted by The__tweaker
    So in other words if I buy a nice 865 mobo next month I'll probably have to replace it Q2 2004 if I want to get me one of those new fancy cpu's with 1Mb L2 cache.. Or does anyone know if any brands will unlike Asus keep their claim about compability with this new cpu's..:?:
    A new mobo isn't the hole world to replace though, after all their not that expensive..

:cheers:
    If you want one of the first iterations of the prescott, you'll have to upgrade later this year. New pinless socket is comming next year.

IIRC the reason for the new boards is different power regulation requirements. I think the 875 and 865 chipsets already support the Prescott.

<center>Pentium V will launch with 64-bit Windows Elements
    And will have an extended physical architecture
    </center>

Details have emerged of the future design of Intelís Tejas/Pentium V processor, and of how the chip firm will present it to the world.
    The chip will sample internally at Intel in January 2004 and will take between four to six months to get to market. The Pentium 6 will follow a very similar schedule.

The Pentium V is likely to fly along at between 5GHz to 7GHz, have 2MB plus of level two cache, be built on a 90 nanometer process, and have a stackable design.

The processor we believe, sits in the LGA 775 pin socket, and above it is a very thin heatsink. But, according to sources close to the firmís plans, another permeable heatsink can sit between this and another microprocessor module, giving a stackable design.

The final design of this arrangement is not set in stone.

According to this source, and the details have not been confirmed, a module sitting on top could provide 64-bit extensions.

And the source claimed, Microsoft is ready to launch a version of Windows called Elements with 64-bit extensions.

The idea seems to be that people can buy a 32-bit module, and then add in the 64-bit processor.

There are three samples of an arrangement of the Pentium V here in Taiwan this week, with a very thin processor and lots of wires and patches stuck on it, just to show proof of concept.

The Pentium V could have a front side bus speed of as much as 4000MHz, the source claimed, although this may be reserved for the next chip along, the Nehalem.

The Inquirer

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information