Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Just alittle bit of advice, please

I came to this forum looking for info to upgrade my system. I had a good idea about what I wanted but after reading some of the posts I'm not sure. I did the upgrade on my current system myself, but that was back in 2000. Alot has changed! Here are the main components I am looking at:

AMD Athlon XP 2500+
    Asus A7N8X-X (new)
    or
    Epox EP-8RDA3+
    ATI 64mb Radeon DDR (have)
    Crucial 512mb DDR 2700 (2)
    Antec True 430w

I would especially like a board that I can upgrade later with faster cpu. I don't really need anything for intense gaming. I would just like a stable, current, faster system than what I have.

Thanks in advance to everyone!!

Get the 8RDA3+ as it supports 400FSB cpu's, and get pc3200 DDR....especially if your planning on overclocking

Both are great boards!
    Cant go wrong with either one.

that asus a7n8x-x also uses the nforce2 u 400 chipset so both of them support FSB400MHz. However I like the old style green PCB of the Epox, still as kane2g mentioned both are great boards, u can't go wrong with these two.:thumb:
    Dell Inspiron 8200 laptop
    p4 1.7GHz, 1GB DDR-Ram, 40GB hdd, DVD-ROM+External DVD-+RW, connected to a BenQ 17"LCD Display (own LCD display went nuts)

I have the 8RDA3+ and just love it. I have a Barton 2500+ and two sticks of Corsair PC3200 installed. I am running it dual channel with an FSB of 200 and multiplier at 10.5 with no problems. This setup, using XP Pro, is the fastest and most stable I have ever experienced.

I used to be an Intel Only guy, but some of the good folks here convinced me to give AMD a go. I did and have never looked back.

I can’t comment on the ASUS board as I’ve never used one. EPOX is my first excursion outside the Intel domain.

Bottom line: 8RDA3+ with a Barton 2500 = “Rocks on!” :bounce:

John

Thread Information