Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Do I have to unlock my 2400+ on a A7V8X kt400??!?!

Do I have to unlock my Thoroughbred 2400+ on my A7V8X KT400 board, or is it already unlocked?
    The L1 bridges aren't lazered like the pali's.
    Do I have to do it to the L3's? The last 2 L3 bridges are lazered.
    Just want to double check.

Thanks,
    Chez
    SFlower/Kingwin TT-201AB-W 3 window 12 bay Black/Gold ~
    Antec 480Blue modded+UV blue sleeved-hshrink from Pc-perfomance
    A7V8X Deluxe Rev. 2.0 - 2500+ Barton ~ Aero 7+ OR TT 11 Xaser w/ TT fan tube
    MSI Ti4200-VTD8X 8X AGP w/Zalman h-pipe cooler ~ Geil 2 x 512 Cas 2.5 6-3-3-2t w/Blue HS
    WD120JB 7200 8mg Cache ~ Maxtor Quantum Fireball 60GB
    Lite-on 48x24x48x16x CDRW-DVD Black ~ Aopen 56x Cdrom Black
    Enermax 3.5" Fan controller A3FATR2 ~ Round UV Blue cables/Silver braid
    2x12” UV/Blacklight CC Sound/on-off/PCI switch ~ 2x12” Thtake Blue CC Sound/on-off/PCI sw
    ALL wires UV Blue sleeved + Hshrink - Cornea CT 1904 19" LCD BLk/Slvr ~ Microsoft™ Windows XP Pro

Knowledge is POWER

the t-bred B's come unlocked from the factory...you should be able to change the muliplier in the BIOS
    I've gone too far and need to move on!

Thanks. I just threw on a TTake 45degree fan tube on the HS, and redid the thermal paste with my FAVORITE, Cooler Master Premium made by Shin Etsu - gonna watch the temps DROP.

And I did notice everything was unlocked in the bios. I am runnig it at 2000mhz right now just until I get everything settled in. 15x133.
    I gave my wife my old 1800+ unlocked Pali chip, and 17in" cornea LCD flat screen. SHE IS WAY HAPPY.

So maybe I should have ordered the 9700AIWPRO.

I had a bunch of goodies come in the mail.

Nothing for my newest system listed below, that I can't start building till my Blk/Gold accented case 3 window case finally comes. It took me FOREVER to find one with the gold accents. They have since discontinued the case, but aosl switched the silver accents on the front of the case, which REALLY makes a difference in my opinion. After a ton of research and phone calls I found one in Wisconsin or something!!! I Am sooooooooo lucky. I would have been bumped with the silver on the front!!!

Anyway, back to my toys!

Thanks for your help,
    Chez
    MSI Ti4200-VTD8X 8X AGP w/Zalman h-pipe cooler ~ Geil 2 x 512 Cas 2.5 6-3-3-2t w/Blue HS
    2x12” UV/Blacklight CC Sound/on-off/PCI switch ~ 2x12” Thtake Blue CC Sound/on-off/PCI sw
    ALL wires UV Blue sleeved + Hshrink - Cornea CT 1904 19" LCD BLk/Slvr ~ Microsoft™ Windows XP Pro

Knowledge is POWER

Quote Originally Posted by [size=6
    minibubba[/size]]
    the t-bred B's come unlocked from the factory...you should be able to change the muliplier in the BIOS
    I'm sorry but they are locked though later VIA (KT400/A) and nForce2 based mobo's can get around it. When usin' T'breds on older based mobo's that support them the last L3 bridge must be closed to unlock them.

Thanks Wiggo, thats what I thought. I am able to make some adjustments just not "fully" unlocked till you do the fill and connect trick. I have the kit so it will take about 5 minutes to do.
    Wish I would have bought two N boards instead of the V. Although at the time, the N wasn't out yet. I bought it when it first came out. I am happy with it though.
    I have 4 systems, all wireless, so it doesn't really matter that much.
    I'll unlock it here tonight aand see what she can do tomorrow. I am really happy I went with the 2400+. For a second system it will be a nice OCer.

BTW - I also picked up 2 of the Thermaltake ducting mods that they have. I installed them on m new system below(still waiting on the modded psu and my Blk/gld 3 window Kingwin) and see how they work on that one.
    My A7V8X has it installed alreadu, I redid the thermal paste with my Fav- Cooler master premium/made by shin etsu. So I will see if I get any additional temp drops after the 3 day cure the Shin Etsu needs.
    They look pretty trick and add alittle if you have a window. I am sure they will make them soon in different colors and UV active, once they find out how they sell. I heard they just even out the airflow so you don't have the fan blowing just towards the center of you HS, it allows equal aaaair flow/pressure to all fins. Kind of like the aero 7.
    I also have that HSF coming as well. So I will trade that out and compare temps with that one installed too.

Knowledge is POWER

Thread Information