Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: intel4 socket 423

okay so, upgrading socket will require for me to get a CPU thats designed only for the 478? cant i use the original CPU onto the 478 socket? god i am gonna get flamed for this. but thanks though.:D

Socket 423 CPU's arn't compatible with Socket 478 mobo's and Socket 478 CPU's arn't compatible with Socket 423 mobo's. The Sony recovery disk will be worthless once ya upgrade meanin' that you'd have to buy a proper os CD.

aight
    edit: one last question, where and how can i get an os cd if i were to upgrade my socket? so sorry to keep bugging you guys about this stupid issue:o
    thanks so much!!

Quite possibly from the very vendor you purchase a CPU and mobo from.
    A local computer store may be able to hook you up nicely, as legally they CAN sell you an unboxed/non-retail Windows CD with the purchase of certain hardware. To the best of my knowledge, a CPU and or motherboard would certainly be a qualifying purchase.

So a good deal there is a possibility, depending on the availability of the CD and the extent of your good fortune and people skills.

There are many stores both online and brick n' mortar that sell Windows.

Unless you have a previous version of a qualifying-for-upgrade Windows on disk, you will need to purchase a full-version Windows XP.
    The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information