Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Systemic Problem ? How do I get my MSI MOBO Operative Please

Dammmmm !!!!!!!!
    MSI 6330 K7T Turbo2 MOBO !!!!!!!!

Booted up the XP2400+ on the new MSI 6330 K7T Turbo2 ver5, the other night, and I'd be blowed why, but I got a wretched message that killed the BIOS in my previous MOBO, which was an identicle make and model, and I must say not a bad board when running .......

Post Message States
    "Detecting Floppy A Drive media" ......
    "Drive A error. System Halt" !!!!!! :hammer: :confused:

The craziest thing about it now is, that I didn't even have a Floppy installed, nor any other peripherals connected, and only one Fdisked, Reformatted H/Drive with Windows 98SE Installed, and with a proper ATA 100 Cable, and a 4MB PCI S3 Virge video card ....... This was also a different H/Drive, so this has blown me away no end !!!! :rolleyes: :shrug:
    Great thing about flying a desktop, is that CASA ( Civil Aviation Safety Authority ) can't touch ya no matter how many times you crash and burn !!!!!! HIC HIC

Cheers 4 now from Downunder,
    Desktop Pilot

I posted to you in another thread about this.

But your problem is that you have the bios trying to detect the A drive, if it doesn't find one installed, ALL mobo's will halt on boot up.
    Install an A drive, or change the bios to not try and detect one on bootup and you will be fine.
    After you install it, if it does it again, flip the drive connector over, cause you have it installed upside down. It will act like it doesn't have one installed either.

Chez

Quote Originally Posted by Chezman29
    I posted to you in another thread about this.
    and so did I: http://forums.tweaktown.com/showthre...844#post165844

:cheers:
    I've gone too far and need to move on!

Thanks fellas, and I've read the posts in the other place, but even with the A Drive connected, it still won't go past that post, nor can you get into the BIOS, and it has been suggested after I gave another bloke a listen over the phone of the speaker screeching, just a continuous beeping, which he suggests it could well be a Ram problem, as it is a new MOBO and I do have an updated Floppy in the A Drive that I downloaded on this P111 Machine, and have triple checked the A Drive connections, as I had to use that one to load the new downloaded BIOS onto it from this machine as I said, and so connecting is the same, and the book tells you where No1 is on both the MOBO and again on the Floppy Drive, so I could hardly go wrong there, and so will just have to put the jumper back on for 100Mhz FSB on the MOBO and try the other SDRAM sticks out of this machine to see if I can get it to boot .....

Once this WU is uploaded I'll do the Stick checks then ......
    Great thing about flying a desktop, is that CASA ( Civil Aviation Safety Authority ) can't touch ya no matter how many times you crash and burn !!!!!! HIC HIC

Desktop Pilot

Thats called troubleshooting.

NOW that you know the A: is in nice and you are getting another problem - the continuous beep, you know you have a problem with your ram. If it was a different beep, you would know it was your video card.
    So try and work the problem out with your ram and you should be alright. If you continue to have a problem booting, let us know if you need help.
    You gotta let people know all that is going on, especially if you have beeps during post, like I asked earier, because that is the mobo pretty much telling you what the problem is and where/what it is located.

Chez

Thanks Ches, and yes I know I and in fact all of us in here, have a number of great friends, that will help where and as they can, and I'm ever gratefull for it ...... :cheers:

I was put on to a program called Ram-Stress Test, by the fella that I bought the MOBO from, but it has been discontinued by the makers of that program, Ultra X, but found another website that "advertised" it, and so I mailed a request last night, but still haven't received a reply during today, and so the fella that I bought the MOBO from, said he'll send me a copy of the software tonight, and hopefully, he's not too busy ( Moving Shop ) and forget to email it to me .....

The replacement program is unfortunately, is a hardware type of application and called R.S.T 2, and operates from a spare PCI slot one may have ..... :(

Oh BTW, I only posted it in both Forum areas, so it got a wider audience of possible and knowledgable readers ..... :cheers:

Desktop Pilot

Thread Information