Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Amd 2400 Xp

Pretty lights is whats its about now a days

Yep!! Let's see--1,4,6,10,12,13,--13 of'em. OOps, forgot the power on light on front--14.

Oh yeah, & 1 GLOWING power supply, but I don't think it's supposed to be red like that.
    You Don't Know Me. I Am Not Here. I Do Not Exist. (Witness Protection)

And he saith unto them, Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men.

Well since a lot of us who have a 2400+ are posting here, I might as well do the same :D

I have a technical question though ....

I just purchased the processor and installed it last night onto my Asus A7V-333 board (replacing my previous 2000+ processor). Now, what I seen was when the system information was displayed upon boot up, the proc speed was shown as 1800 MHz and not the 2000 Mhz that I was anticipating. But when I checked under windows (win xp) it shows that the proc is indeed a 2 gig proc.

The reason why I am bringing this up is because with my old proc (athlon 2000+) it was shown as running at 1600 Mhz upon boot up. So with this being 2400+ I assumed it would display at 2000 Mhz. Now I am sure everything is working as intended and I am being paranoid, but I just want to make sure everything is running right where it needs to be.

Any ideas or comments guys I would really appreciate it :)

Don't know the answer just yet, but if I find it I'll post back. I figure the proc. is doing the 2000M, but somehow the MOBO, or some other sensor, just ain't reporting right. Maybe somebody else will know the answer for sure, but in the meantime, you might want to try a 3rd party "info tool". Sandra, Aida32, & CPUID are a few good'uns. If it shows as 2000M in one of these, I wouldn't worry about it unless it really bugs you.
    You Don't Know Me. I Am Not Here. I Do Not Exist. (Witness Protection)

And he saith unto them, Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information