Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: AMD's Athlon FX beats Intel's Pentium 4 3.2 GHz in almost ev

Quote Originally Posted by FLaCo
    Looks like AMD is kicking ass...and hopefully Intel will kick ass right back...the more ass kicking occurs the more fun we have...:woot:
    Profound words of wisdom! We all benefit from technological advances and the harsh rivalry between two cutting edge chipmakers.

Now if only we could find someone to compete with M$ and we could start seeing some quality on the software side of things.
    ASUS A7N8X Deluxe, Athlon Barton 2500+ with SLK-800 and 4800rpm 80mm fan, ATi 9700Pro(AIW), Dual 256MB Corsair XMS 3200c. Seagate Barracuda SATA. 200MHz fsb with 11X multiplier, RAM latency: 2,2,2,5

Quote Originally Posted by Woody_87th
    Now if only we could find someone to compete with M$ and we could start seeing some quality on the software side of things.
    M$ is already worried about Linux, their actions in Germany and Asia proove that, I figure it's only a matter of time before their software (at least prices) start to reflect that

and who knows where this blurb will lead: http://forums.tweaktown.com/showthre...threadid=13089

anyway, someone say something about AMD and get this back on track :laugh:
    I've gone too far and need to move on!

Funny thing is, that new A64/Opteron has trouble beating current Intel technology...so how does it expect to compete with Prescott?

I saw a thorough test of benchmarks with the Opteron 246 (the 2ghz one) and my rig runs neck and neck with it. My CPU was $170, the Opteron 246, over $700.

FX5900 - 3DMark2001 [20,566] - 3DMark2003 [7,281] - Aquamark3 [56,694]
    Ti4400 - 3DMark2001 [16,028]

Quote Originally Posted by Soulburner
    Funny thing is, that new A64/Opteron has trouble beating current Intel technology...so how does it expect to compete with Prescott?

I saw a thorough test of benchmarks with the Opteron 246 (the 2ghz one) and my rig runs neck and neck with it. My CPU was 0, the Opteron 246, over 0.

:rofl:
    WTF? Where do you get your faulty crap information at? Any Benchmarks Ive seen A64 murders P4, and itl mutilate it when software gets optimized for 64bit code. So Id like to see where you got your info, and your benchmarks, because you seem to belive your rig kills all.

Quote Originally Posted by amd_man2003
    :rofl:
    WTF? Where do you get your faulty crap information at? Any Benchmarks Ive seen A64 murders P4, and itl mutilate it when software gets optimized for 64bit code. So Id like to see where you got your info, and your benchmarks, because you seem to belive your rig kills all.
    Hell no I don't, I know of many systems that would "kill" mine to put it your way.

Faulty crap information? Here:
    http://www.amdzone.com/articleview.c...id=1328&page=1

From an AMD site even...

THAT is where I got my information. Happy?

Hell no I don't, I know of many systems that would "kill" mine to put it your way.

Faulty crap information? Here:
    http://www.amdzone.com/articleview.c...id=1328&page=1

From an AMD site even...

THAT is where I got my information. Happy?

Nope, because Ive seen information elsewhere that differs. And like I said, is Most of the programs 64Bit optimised yet? Nope

Quote Originally Posted by amd_man2003
    Nope, because Ive seen information elsewhere that differs. And like I said, is Most of the programs 64Bit optimised yet? Nope
    Would it even make a huge difference? I don't even know if people know that answer yet, I have seen some places say it will, some say it won't.....

We will have to wait and see when the time comes.:shrug:

Would it even make a huge difference? I don't even know if people know that answer yet, I have seen some places say it will, some say it won't.....

We will have to wait and see when the time comes.:shrug:
    I have quite a feeling its gonna make a big difference. :D

I was wondering how long it would take this to turn into a flame fest :rolleyes:
    I've gone too far and need to move on!

Quote Originally Posted by minibubba
    I was wondering how long it would take this to turn into a flame fest :rolleyes:
    It's sometimes very difficult for people to break away from the perceived norm. I, for one, looked down upon AMD until not too long ago. That is, until my eyes were opened through exposure to information gleaned from the pages of forums like TweakTown. Don't get me wrong, Intel makes great processors, but they're not for everybody, and they do not outperform AMD cpus in all tasks. It's just too easy to get the best you have to spend a little more, or say that just because something costs less it is inferior. I got over believing that crap a long time ago.

I can't wait to build my next machine around the next latest and greatest AMD processor.

Thanks for the info minib. :thumb:
    :-(

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information