Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: AMD's Athlon FX beats Intel's Pentium 4 3.2 GHz in almost ev

mine is to smoke everyone on the gaming maps.........so 64 for me, what's interesting is the advantage in 32 bit................sure prescott's coming out, but the new release 64's aren't even dual channel, which will be on the heels of prescott, first quater 2004............intel is stuck w/ 32 bit gaming for a while as ut 2004 is being written in 64 bit code as we speak.......i believe intel will use it's contractual clout, as they are currently exercising w/ HP........the only advantage intel has left is the die size of the competing processors, which is currently twice the size of the intel offerings.............meaning twice the processors per wafer

Quote Originally Posted by Soulburner
    Funny thing is, that new A64/Opteron has trouble beating current Intel technology...so how does it expect to compete with Prescott?

I saw a thorough test of benchmarks with the Opteron 246 (the 2ghz one) and my rig runs neck and neck with it. My CPU was 0, the Opteron 246, over 0.

Take note that a 3.2 GHz P4 come close to 700$ also...

Yeah, a 2 GHz Opteron runs neck and neck with a 3.2 GHz P4, there's like a huge frequency difference... but Intel slowed the GHz race, so when the Prescott 3.4 get out, 2.2 Opteron might be ready too, so it will be a close race to watch...

I really hope AMD make a new revision for opteron that support higher FSBs... why not a 500 MHz FSB? would be great paired with OCZ RAM!

Also I wonder why they don't access L2 cache with a bigger bus than 64 bits, Intel uses a 256 bits bus since a new revision of P!!! came out.

runs neck and neck with the 3.2...............these chips rock in the gaming segments........this is just a couple of hundred bucks with the asus single processor board, less than a couple hundred bucks, and voila............a better current choice than a compatible 32 bit chip

baahh your all just a bunch of smackturds.. :D

:rofl:

hehe.............this thing rocks in games, and it's raw..............when it goes dual channel, i'll be sniffin' it hard..............:wow:

Quote Originally Posted by JSR
    runs neck and neck with the 3.2...............these chips rock in the gaming segments........this is just a couple of hundred bucks with the asus single processor board, less than a couple hundred bucks, and voila............a better current choice than a compatible 32 bit chip
    Your'e gonna be looking at a lot more than "just a couple hundred bucks". :rolleyes2

From AMDZone:
    But who owns the price/performance crown? AMD's pricing on the 246 is at 4, but a 146 model has not been announced, and that would be significantly lower in cost than the 246 as 14X series pricing shows. We have found the 3.2GHz P4 for as low as 4, and one would expect 146 pricing to be competitive with that.
    Motherboard costs for the Asus 875P board we tested with is as low as 8. The Asus SK8N nForce 3 Pro board is now found at as low as 5, but was initially listed at 9 before price gouging kicked in. Memory wise there is a disadvantage because not only is registered DDR400 hard to find, but more expensive than the normal and plentiful memory the P4 and Athlon use.

FX5900 - 3DMark2001 [20,566] - 3DMark2003 [7,281] - Aquamark3 [56,694]
    Ti4400 - 3DMark2001 [16,028]

You should all just ignore this guy.....sometimes he comes in a room and farts and people mistake it for speech! :drool:

It seems to me this thread was about someone getting excited over the release of new technology and was comparing it to the current state of the art. We really don't want to hear some lame comments from someone who fantasizes about monopoly companies. After all, if it wasn't for AMD, we'd all be using 1.0 GHz P3s and paying $1000 for them. Why spend money on R&D if there's no competition right?

I hate to be so blunt but I'm starting to get tired of reading this crap. :barf: It seems to me this guy is so misguided in his enthusiasm maybe he should take a break from it and go try to meet girls or something.

Or at least stick to Intel threads if that's what turns him on.

Personally I'm excited about all the new chips coming out not only from Intel and AMD but even the new 64bit IBM chip powering the new Macintoshes. I don't understand why it's so difficult for some people to understand that.

The rest of what I was going to say I just cut out and decided not to print. Oh well. I'm just trying to wind down late at night after some stressful gaming and figured I would offer my thoughts.

Going to go to bed and dream about computers and chicks! Yeah that's right! Chicks dig guys with big Athlons!! :thumb: This is a known fact! I can even prove it. I built a Nforce2 system for this one chick this year......well....shouldn't get into the details here.....:D
    ASUS A7N8X Deluxe, Athlon Barton 2500+ with SLK-800 and 4800rpm 80mm fan, ATi 9700Pro(AIW), Dual 256MB Corsair XMS 3200c. Seagate Barracuda SATA. 200MHz fsb with 11X multiplier, RAM latency: 2,2,2,5

Woody, seriously, WTF is your problem? I am not making anything up, I am quoting a reliable source.

What is the crime in that???

If you don't like what you see, take it up with the person who wrote that review, not me.

FX5900 - 3DMark2001 [20,566] - 3DMark2003 [7,281] - Aquamark3 [56,694]
    Ti4400 - 3DMark2001 [16,028]

Oh I'm sorry, did you think I was talking about you? :rolleyes2
    ASUS A7N8X Deluxe, Athlon Barton 2500+ with SLK-800 and 4800rpm 80mm fan, ATi 9700Pro(AIW), Dual 256MB Corsair XMS 3200c. Seagate Barracuda SATA. 200MHz fsb with 11X multiplier, RAM latency: 2,2,2,5

Why argue.. :confused:

This might be what Amd needs, I just hope they won't let folks down as usual. My trust in them as a company is way below my trust for Intel but who friggin cares anyway..:?:

This is an Amd thread and from now on let's try and keep it that way. :)

So now tell me whos gonna get one of those new chips..:?:

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information