Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: williamete 0c

a while bak i saw that u cud oc a p4 1.6 with a 400 fsb to like 2.5 ghz with air cooling???
    can sum1 confirm this and also reccomend a mobo, i have my eye on the th-7 at the mo (only 25 :D).

i have a williamette 400fsb socket 423. any help will be so good, as i rlly wanna get a decent proc + gfx for hl2, and oc is the cheap way 2 do it lol. also i need rdram (shock horror). anyone know of a good site that does it?

i also need a socket 423 hsf.

any help wud be gr8. cmon ppl, amd rules these forums, we need an intel freak!!!!!!:flames:

Get an 2.4Ghz socket 478 cpu (with 800 Mhz fsb) and a motherboard that supports it, an I865 or 875 chipset mobo is the best these days..

Get two identical ddr memory sticks to use the dual channel function on the mobo. The higher rating the better, get pc-3200 at least or even better pc-3500..

Sell that 423 cpu as it's a medium performer, rdram is also dead as it has been replaced by fast ddr memory.

OC that 2.4 Ghz baby to let's say 3 Ghz and you'll have a blazing system with 1Ghz fsb that crush most things thrown at it..

:2cents:

yer thats what i want 2 get but the funds are so low (schoolboy style :() thanks

Wel, the 1.6 that ocs well is the Socket 478 model. Also, plz talk in a normal manner, not in AOL kiddy language. :D

apologies, i had about 30 seconds before i went to school (grrrrr).
    i usually try to speak proper (lol) as it is a lot easier to read. btw, amdman2003, how old are you, i swear there was some uber kid on these forumscalled that. and im confused cos i keep seeing references to the other amdman. grrrr.

thanks for the tip

james

Im 13, and am the only amd_man on the forums. Also, Out of stupidity, I have never figured this out, WTF does uber mean?

You don't wanna know.. :rofl:

uber is german for "great" :( another b4 school post lol

No one really answered the question at hand. I too have a th7-raid board with 512mb of pc800 rdram. I need to buy a socket 423 processor for it and would like to overclock the hell out of it if at all possible. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by christoffs
    No one really answered the question at hand. I too have a th7-raid board with 512mb of pc800 rdram. I need to buy a socket 423 processor for it and would like to overclock the hell out of it if at all possible. Does anyone have any suggestions?
    M8 just leave that s423 thingy alone.. it's not worth bothering with really.. :(

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information