Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: My new XP CPU!!!

MMM I have bought a new xp cpu the 1700+. Only it is really strange why is my xp cpu GREEN??

That's the color that they are now made in and any brown ones would now be older stock but you really should read the TT Web News as I posted about that change happenin' a few months ago. ;)
    <center>:cheers:</center>

I purchased an Athlon XP1600+ for my friend in December, and it was green. AMD are simply trying to get multiple vendors for the CPU packaging in case something happens to one of them. Good redundancy strategy :smokin:
    What came first - Insanity or Society?

Yeah according to AMD there should not be any brown ones left by March/April. :smokin:
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Did you get
    specifications with CPU. I got and Athlon XP 1600+, but no where on the chip does it give the Volatge nor the CPU Speed. So I really don't know where to begin the voltage since it is on Auto. Can you tell me the factory voltage and CPU speed (meaning 5 thru 12.5 & voltage of 1.100 to 1.850) Thanks.

As far as I know, the voltage stayed the same (1.75v), and I'd bet that your processor is really marked. Look at the core of the processor and you'll see something like this:

AX1800

This denotes that it is an Athlon processor, XP version (Palomino design), and is an 1800+ model. Yours should start off with AX1600.

Oh... mine was brown. Made week 45 of last year, so we'll see how well it can overclock soon. Still just doing some benching at the moment.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

I can run my cpu at a fsb of 150mhz! That makes 1650 mhz! That is a xp 2000!!!!:D
    My System:
    AMD XP1700+@XP2000
    ECS K7S5a Motherboard
    512 MB PC2700 DDR Ram
    Geforce 2 Pro 64 MB

A very good oc there.

meh, i can boot my duron 600 with an fsb of 160, mind you, i wouldn't run that for long, 6x160=960 a good oc, but 7.5x133 is better - which it can do too ;)
    sKuLLsHoT
    www.morb.ath.cx

Thread Information