Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: rubber chip thingies

I am looking for the little rubber feet on the top of the CPU chips. I had one stick to a HSF and ripped when it was removed...I have never seen them for sale anywhere but I Know that someone has to make them...anyone know where?

you could probably just make them. A little foam pad and some suitable adhesive and your laughing.

3. Default

try like a staples store ? I have some of those and they have 3M on the backs of the paper that sticks to them before I stick them on something else. dunno how small they get but these are less then 3/4 mm

I thought about that but I didn't know about Temperature tolerances, hmmmmmmI was thinking about just using an old mouse pad but i am not sure if it would melt!

5. Default

i am looking over on the 3M site in the product listing, what would you call those things besides rubber things? lol...its in alphabetical order

how about rubber CPU stand offs? or non marring rubber feet?

7. Default

nah doesnt showing anthing like that I also looked in like nonskid cuz thats what these ones i have are for but didnt find it there either, guess i'll have to go through the whole thing to find the correct name.

another consideration is compression, you cant have one pad compress more than the other three, that would tip the HSF off and possible crack the die of the chip, so I think i am going ot avoid non approved pad thingies, i just wish I Could find where they are sold! if not I will have to wing it!

Are you talking about a thermal pad? Why not just use thermal compound for better heat transfer?

FX5900 - 3DMark2001 [20,566] - 3DMark2003 [7,281] - Aquamark3 [56,694]
    Ti4400 - 3DMark2001 [16,028]

He's after the standoffs.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information