Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Speed Strip - Athlon XP Unlocking Device

maybe we don't need the 64 or the EE @ this price........2485mhz from a 2400+..........that'z fnnn incredible, with no cuttin' into your cpu or nuthin'........15 bucks and you're @ EE or A64 3200+ speeds without a foul up, as long as you get an AXDA chip ......check this
    http://www.overclockercafe.com/Revie...trip/index.htm

1. An Athlon XP can never hope to compete with an EE at only a weak 2485mhz.

2. It will never compete with the A64 at any speed either, not even 2.8Ghz.

3. Nforce2 boards unlock and make all multipliers available already.

FX5900 - 3DMark2001 [20,566] - 3DMark2003 [7,281] - Aquamark3 [56,694]
    Ti4400 - 3DMark2001 [16,028]

And even if, for whatever reason, one needs to unlock an AMD, it's cheaper to do the wire trick. That's probably what this "speed strip" does. It's just a bit more convenient to use.
    Found spelling errors? Grammatical flaws? Congratulations, you may keep it.

2485 is 285mhz faster than the 3200+(which should be very close to what the EE runs @) believe me, it's the video card that's going to make the big impact, depending on your choice...........EE=$950/XP=$70..........wtf?..........not everyone has nf2.........cough, cough, i have a KT600........so hey, 15 bucks.............just passin' it along

Quote Originally Posted by JSR
    2485 is 285mhz faster than the 3200+(which should be very close to what the EE runs @) believe me, it's the video card that's going to make the big impact, depending on your choice...........EE=0/XP=..........wtf?..........not everyone has nf2.........cough, cough, i have a KT600........so hey, 15 bucks.............just passin' it along
    You have much more to learn than even I thought possible. :laugh:

i know, you must be drunk, so i'll let it go this time :cheers:

Smartass...

By the way, if you need to change the multiplier or vcore and can't do it in the bios, here's how to do it - without a "speed strip":

http://www.ocinside.de/go_e.html?/ht...md_pinmod.html

but you still have to cut the bridges.........i use gigabyte's software overclocker, but thanks for the link, very informative

Don't ya know the KT600 suck bad..

Quote Originally Posted by JSR
    but you still have to cut the bridges.........i use gigabyte's software overclocker, but thanks for the link, very informative
    Not true.

"Please cut all L11 bridges if you like to select a Vcore with the Pin-Mod guide, otherwise you're just able to build a higher Vcore depending to the actual L11 bridge and Pin-Mod combinations. And you have to cut the L12 bridges if you like to select a lower FSB, otherwise it's only possible to select a higher FSB."

It is absolutely unnecessary to cut the bridges. Just select the CPU you have and it's standart vcore. You will then see which pins are connected by default. This will show you which vcore you are able to get, by combining the default connections and the manually added.

And hey - who wants to have a lower FSB? I actually decreased the multiplier of my 2500+ AQZEA in order to get a FSB of 220 (instead of 166).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information