Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: motherboard choice

Quote Originally Posted by madruss
    i have got a dorun 800 im going to upgrade to a athlon1600
    as my mother board doesnt support overclocking i wany to get one that does but i want one with sdram as i currently have 1gig in my pc so what are some good mother boards that wont cost me an arm and leg and are easy for a first time overclocker
    I would look at the ECS K7S5A. It has the sis735 chipset, supports both sdram & DDR and with the availible newer bios the fsb can reach 150. It cost around $55 us and are readily availible. Its a good board to get your feet wet with OCing.

Edit this board only has 2 sdram slots so if you dont have 512 sticks you will be limited on the amount of memory you can run.

Buy a new Proc, Mobo, and DDR RAM.
    I suggest Abit Epox or Asus. I have experience with all and they are each very good in different respects. I dont know about ECS or Elite or FIC or Soltek, but that doesn't mean i think negatively about them. Buy DDR2100 or 2400. You'll prolly put out between 150 and 250 bucks depending. (american i mean)

When you have all that. Start focusing on bringin that Duron 800 and 1gig SDRAM back into another box. Use it as a secondary, or sell it to an idiot, just dont let it sit.

What Power Supply wattage do you have?

lol yea the worst thing u can do to a new athlonxp is to choke the poor thing with ageing sd ram

and yes epox and asus are wise choices...i don;t know enuf about abit to recomend it but from wat i hear it's pretti good as well:afro:
    Epox 8RDA+
    xp2100@ 2.46ghz (214x11.5)
    Radeon 9700 pro
    512mb corsair xms3200 5-3-2-2@214
    512k ADSL
    SLK-800 HSF
    SB Audigy + Ultrasone HFI650DVD
    modded case: 2x120mm,4x80mm
    40GB Seagate Barracuda 4
    Sony trinitron 17"
    Antec Trupower 380W
    3D mark2003 : 5050